Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export entire calendar

There should be a way to export the entire calendar, not just specific events, to an Excel file. We need to see the entire year on one page and by using the event feature it forces us to create a second document to edit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove tooltips from the menu bar

To me the tooltips are not useful on the menu bar because the tooltip simply repeats the name of the menu item
    http://screencast.com/t/X2gdxssSFJg
    and worse than that, often obscure items in the menu below.

Is there any positive impact they are supposed to have?

If not, I would vote to have them removed (or made possible to remove) in the next release of the system version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Payeezy Gateway

Need payment support for Payeezy Gateway ( was Global Gateway e4)!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email a Friend gadget

I've added external code so that people can recommend our website. Our own members are the best promoters to new people and people are more responsive to people suggestions than any other marketing technique.

It works OK, but a better one could be built. The idea is to have a button on the page that says something like recommend to a friend. That would prompt a pop-up with a place to enter and friends email (or perhaps more than one), and a captcha code entry. From then it would generate a form filled out with the emails listed, the users…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Admin Privileges Report

I know that when editing a single page, that the version history shows who edited the page. However, it will only show who has actually edited the page, not the list of all those who have access to do so. It would be helpful to have an admin report that shows who has access to each page. Otherwise, you have to remember to keep a separate list somewhere of who has been given editing privileges. Adding new people is easy, but remembering to remove the ones that need to be removed is much harder :)

I can easily see how…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File Management Structure

When I look at File Management, such as clicking on "File" to view the contents, there are menu options that allow me to look at items as a list, and as several sizes of the items, allowing me to the options to see the filename or look at the item.

However, when I am on a page and want to insert a picture, etc. from "File", all the items appear as only a list. There is no option to view the items as such in order to select the correct item to insert into the document.

Please, in the "insert…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. display list of recipients in sending state

When I send a message to a group of recipients, all of the recipients go into a "sending" state until the message is delivered. If I click on the "failures" tab, it tells me that the message is still being sent until all have completed. None of the tabs seem to tell me which of recipients have not yet received the message and thus which may be experiencing delays. I suppose I could copy down the original recipient list and do set arithmetic with the successful delivery list, but I'm sort of disinclined to do this manually more than once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Linking members of contacts - e.g. wife and husband

Is there any way to connect 2 members? For example, if I have a husband and wife who have different accounts, but if someone looks up the husband, is there a way to say "and this is his wife" then link to her profile?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding Widgets to Events

Hello,

Is it possible to be able to add the new Version 5 widgets to events.

This would greatly help with:

1. Being able to display a picture gallery or slideshow

2. Showing the location of the event using the google map widget

3. Adding social media like buttons so others can share the event with friends and family helping to gain more participants.

Thank You,

David

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better-looking quick search field in member's directory

Hello,

It would be really great if you could improve the looks of the quick search filter above the members' directory. The lists look really ugly (see screenshot) but we are keeping them because they are very useful in quickly narrowing down the members' list. Can you make them dropdown menus please??

Cheers,
    Tanya

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove underline icon from editor options

I wish you would remove the Underline icon from the CMS page editing interface. Our website editors just love underlining headings! And nothing except links should ever be underlined on a web page. Links are underlined automatically (if that's the style you've chosen) so there is no need for this icon. Please!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom heading styles people can then apply via WYSIWYG

My club has several admins updating pages pertinent to the area that they are managing. They update the content themselves but have no html experience. I have created global text, header and link settings which they keep overriding when they add content with sub-headings, by using the WYSIWYG menu - creating a visual mess that does not match other pages.

Please add Header tag buttons to the menu so they can select a sub-heading and tag it with h1-h3 thereby using the global settings.

Thank you!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export Blog Content

My reading of this forum this morning leads me to believe there is no way of extracting blog posts from the Wild Apricot CMS. Is this true? Across the board, meaning even WA staff cannot export the content? Or, a support request to the WA technical staff can solve this issue?

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email notice distribution

We would like to be able to specify individual members (rather than administrative roles) to receive specific system-generated emails (rather than ALL emails for membership, or ALL emails for events).

The system generates a lot of emails. For instance, there are initiation emails for membership sign-up and renewal; completion emails for membership sign-up and renewal; reminder emails for memberships that are expiring or have lapsed; and so on for events.

We have volunteers who work on membership and events who shouldn't have administrator access, but who should be able to get emails when someone signs up for a specific event,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Member registering on behalf of another contact but not being an attendee themselves

We use Wild Apricot for the registration of training sessions, seminars and the like. There are many occasions that we have a person's assistant or secretary that will register their manager / team leader for a event on their behalf. The issue is that then the assistant/secretary is also registered for the event and this is not accurate and throws out our attendee numbers (for registration limits and catering, etc).

We are open to alternatives in achieving this - ie if a member could remove themselves from an event or (preferred) to be able to register a guest/contact/member without registering…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maintain cursor position switching to/from HTML view

If you wish to fine-tune something by switching to the HTML view while editing a page it is a major task to find the right place. Can you place the cursor in the same position when switching to/from the HTML view to make this easy?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undelete

Ability to undelete anything that has been accidentally deleted.

The system needs to be robust, and this means ability to roll back accidental changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create NEWSLETTER from Web Pages

After I add/update the web pages, I would like to extract the data to create a NEWSLETTER and send it in a BLAST EMAIL to our MEMBERS. It would be Great if a MACRO was created where I could insert a list of URL NAMES that would be sent with the Email and opened when the Recipient opens the Email. This would save much duplicate work of manually creating the NEWSLETTER.

It is IMPORTANT that I can select the URLs since every web page is NOT updated every month.

I suspect that many other administrators would also appreciate this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Report for Updates

When emails are returned as undeliverable and the changes are made a daily report of updates made by administrators so the email could be resent would be helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic invoices for admin-initiated membership level changes

When a member opts to change membership level the system automatically generates an invoice.

However if the member sends in a cheque so that one of our admin staff does the membership level change, no invoices are generated automatically.

We have a stripped down free member level that we hope encourages people to become paid members, however, the workflow as it stands now makes it very easy for our admin people to just miss the invoice step so that the member will never be charged the new rate.

I'd like to see invoices automatically generated for membership level changes (if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base