Skip to content

Wishlist

• or

38 results found

1. Clean your contacts database

This could be via reporting or via a new contacts clean up function. We created our contacts list by merging various other lists and we are aware that there are people on that list who have never opened an email.

It would be great to have a way to search for contacts who have not opened an email in a set time frame, such as a year, and then archive all of them in one hit. We struggle to keep our contacts list within the 500 limit so this would be a great feature of us.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Emailing: Improve Adding Recipient Workflow

We are "Husky" development team at Wild Apricot named, responsible for emailing area of the product.

We’re putting finishing touches for our next release in Aug-Sep, which will include big improvements to our emailing workflow. These improvements are the first step to centralize emails management into one module and allow email scheduling and many other features in the future​.

But we need your help to make sure we’re on the right track.

There is one feature that we didn’t change but we would like to improve: “Adding Recipients”. Before we design improvements, we want to know a few things about…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Database Fields Custom Validation - e.g. regular expression, IBAN Bank number, phone

While I am pleased with the site overall, it's clear that it does lack some features that I consider essential, although not critical.

One such feature is field validation of database records.

Currently there is very limited field validation.

I would request more robust import and user entry field validation capabilities to keep data clean. Without this capability, the database very quickly starts to contain garbage fields.

For example, currently a user may enter their phone number in any format they choose, including completely invalid phone number entries. The same is true for zip code fields and others.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Additional information for the saved searches, last run, last updates, etc.

Provide metrics to assist in managing Saved Searches such as last time run, average run frequency, if the search is linked an area on the webpage and/or allow description field similar to what is offer in groups. This would help in periodically cleaning up Saved Searches.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deactivate Social Platform Login (Facebook, Google)

I did not find any option to "deactivate" social media platform login… (I mean in the "authorization system page login" AND the "personal member profile")

Can someone give me a tip?

I dont want people to be able to login via social platforms because I see this as a security risk. In panic I removed the buttons with CSS-Code… not a very "clean" method.

Please advise!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Workaround from Beardo:

To restore the old authorization page look:

/* SOCIAL LOGIN BUTTONS HIDE */
    .WaGadgetAuthorizationRequired .openAuthFormContainer {
    border-right: none;
    max-width: 0px;
    padding-right: 40px;
    display: none;
    }

/* PADDING TO SOCIAL LOGIN BUTTONS HIDE */
    .WaGadgetAuthorizationRequired .authFormContainer {
    padding-left: 0;
    }

To remove the login buttons from the member directory personal profiles (at the bottom):

/* MEMBER SOCIAL LOGIN BUTTONS HIDE */
    #socialLoginContainer, #idSocialLoginContainer {
    display: none;
    }

Just copy/paste the above and update your “user.css” file.

8. Ability to clean up email log, financial transactions etc. - e.g when converting from trial to actual use

Is there a way to clear out the payment transaction log?

(like we can clear out the test transactions in the database prior to starting for "real")

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Meta tags for blog posts (specifically open graph for Facebook)

I manage the articles of my magazine under the functional blog page. Individual blogs are not editable under page management. I want to insert meta tags for each individual post, specifically Open Graph tags so that my articles can be shared with the correct title and description and not the overall title and description of the functional page. Any meta tags or OG tags I insert in the html of the blogs become erased when I save the html code after the system "cleans up html coding". Has any one else had this problem or would know of any way…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Members to update Credit Card details for recurring payments - e.g. expired card

We have a membership(subscription) based business (www.studyleadership.com) utilizing your service. Ninety-five percent of our business is based on recurring credit card payments, so managing credit card numbers and expiration dates becomes a huge chore if we have to do it manually.

Because there is no current interface for our customers to update their credit card information when a payment does not go through, we need to send an email and then get on the phone to gain their credit card info securely. With hundreds of members, this seems to be a very unneeded hassle. It costs us a…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Payments responded

I’m glad to announce that we have released this update in v. 5.10.

Any member on recurring level can now update credit card at any time. To prevent recurring payment failures we remind users about credit card expiration 2 weeks before the date (Administrators can customize this email or disable it completely).

Need to note, that updating credit card works only for Stripe, Authorize.Net, Moneris and PayPal PayFlow Pro payment gateways. For payments from PayPal Standard & Express Checkout update credit card and expiration messages are handled by PayPal itself.

We have a bunch of other improvements in 5.10. Check out our release notes! https://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.10

Oleg, Product designer @ Payments team

11. Credit Memo for Invoice

Can this be done?

We have an event - it's cost is $450. member signs up, invoice is produced and the member pays $450. - nice and clean

Then, for a host of reasons, the cost is reduced at a later date by $80 and a refund check is issued. I want to issue a credit memo for the $80 so the member has this on their account and then we record the refund check issued and the account is back in balance.

The net revenue for this event is $370.

How can we do this?

Thank you in advance,

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow administrators to login as a member

For many of our members, an administrator is often required to perform tasks for members. This includes buying items from the Online Store, or signing them up for events, or renewing their memberships.

The simplest solution would be to allow administrators to become a proxy for a member, and login as the member to perform these tasks. For those members who never log in (it happens because our members are retired folks with less computer savvy, and sometimes without computers), we can give these members a password that only the administrators know, but we're loath to do that.

For other…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to join next period of membership and pay for it instead of pro-rating the fee of current period

Our mob teaches seniors to seniors.
    We have 4 calendar terms.
    Renewing members are invoiced $27 every 3 months 28 days prior to end off term … with 14 day reminders et al.
    New members are invoiced on a prorated basis $9, $18 or $27 depending upon which month of the term they join.

Still with me??? Deep breath now ….

1) Any new member who wants to join at the start of the NEXT term, which is normal
    for anyone who enquires toward the end of a term cannot be invoiced until the start of that NEXT term.
    If…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. html view is inconsistent

When I am working in html view, (either in the site page or the email template) why isn't the html view consistent in the display - sometimes it is all lumped together and sometimes it is displayed in a clean manner.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Query and Delete Archived contacts

Square Apricot suggested I post here, so here it goes:
    There should be a way to query Archived members in order to do a large group delete based on specific criteria. As a example, query all archived contacts who do not have email addresses. Then do a group deletion of them.
    In my case we no longer support a membership level. but we have 1200+ archived members that still hold the level. I cannot delete the level (to clean up the summary page) because contacts - although deleted - still hold that level. My only options are: 1) individually edit…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email History with Percent Emails Opened

We are in need of knowing who doesn’t open emails in order to update/clean our contact list.
    It would be beneficial to be able to search by percentages opened in the last year.
    The option less than or greater than, with being able to add the percentage would be helpful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have PayPal Pro notify members with recurring payments about credit card failure [9337]

When a member signs up for our service with recurring payments their email is not sent to Paypal Pro to notify them when/if there is a credit card problem.

Please either:

1. Automatically port it to Paypal Pro based on the email address they used to sign-up with previous to payment options.

2. Allow us to make email a required field in the payment process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pro-Rate Renewal Invoices when changing to an annual billing on a certain date.

We are switching from a renewal based on their join date, to a specific date next year. We wanted to have the Wild Apricot system automatically pro-rate everyone that renews to that new date.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Zip+4 Lookup and USPS Address Validation

Our society sends materials using a bulk mailing permit. Each addressee in such a mailing must have a zip+4 address code. Currently, we are looking these up manually as we enroll new members, a process that is cumbersome.

The USPS publishes an API which allows access to USPS zip+4 data and a means to clean addresses as well. We would like automated access to this data (i) to correct addresses submitted by new members either by mail or via online enrollment through PayPal.

There should be two means to start the process: (i) a button next to the zip code…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Conversion of large websites into WA

I would tell anyone with big websites that the conversion is the most difficult part of going to Wild Apricot, especially when there is need to convert many pages. The conversion process was quite painful. We had php pages with very simple and clean html code. Our subcontractor apparently copied and pasted from the displayed webpage instead. This resulted in poor conversion of links and images. Where we had had had a central repository folder for all the images on the old website, we ended up after the conversion having images attached separately to each page and in many cases…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base