Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

209 results found

1. Preview website and forms as they look for visitors or members

I'd love to see is a preview that shows the page without outlines, and other components from the editor so I can see the page as a user would (Think the "Preview page" option in Word Press). Sometimes we notice little things about spacing, positioning, etc. that are easier to see in a full layout and not as much when there are borders and artifacts.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have merged several similar suggestion together – they all about previewing various site functions from members perspective. For example, wen pages, registration and application forms, etc.

2. Allow parent-child relationship and ordering for Non-Menu Pages

My Wildapricot Membership Backend is getting MESSY! I am not able to organize "Non-Menu" items to have "children"

Is there something in the works where I can create a page and then create SUBPAGES that are Not Menu Items?

When I click on Reorder my Pages, it only allows this functionality for Menu Items.

Thank You

Angel

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add automatic links to "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page" (siblings)

I have a box on each page with links to other pages, and currently the options for automatic links in this box are:

Of course, I can add links manually.

Often, however, I would like to be able to add automatic links to the other child pages of the parent of the currently displayed page (for instance, under "Members Only" parent, I might have a half dozen child pages, and would like to provide automatic links to these pages in my little helpful box).

Can we have an option "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page"? This would be really…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Viewing gadget in page templates when editing...

Editing in page templates would be much more efficient if the specific gadgets in each placeholder were visible just as they are when editing in site pages. Currently the gadgets are not visible; I have to go back several times to change/check the gadget and/or placeholder. Please make it a priority to give users the ability to see the gadgets in page templates instead of seeing "Page specific gadgets used on 1 page(s)" in every placeholder.

Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to change all Pages / System Page Templates at once/in bulk

Hello - this is in regards to Version 5.

It would be nice to be able to change the page template all system pages at once, or be given the option to update all system pages when a new default page template is selected. Currently we have to edit each system page to update it to the new default template.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to add CSS IDs / class names to page templates

It would be very helpful to be able to target a particular page template, as each page template within a particular website theme uses the same IDs and classes for it's hard coded elements.

I can workaround this by targeting each page ID, but being able to target each page template would be very helpful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. List of page using gadget slots in template

When editing a page template, blocks that are in use show a message similar to "Page specific gadgets used on 2 page(s)"

Since these blocks being in use prevents customizing the template and since the site can have many pages, it would be great to see a list of pages that have gadgets in those slots. Currently, I have to go through each page in the site to find them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a visitors counter to our website

From time to time we receive questions at our support like "I want to add a visitors counter to our website. Telling a user: "Your are visitor number: #".

From design point of view and the current state of web development, visitors counters (or hit counters) are mostly considered as outdated, not used any more. But it still might be important for you and so I decided to create a wishlist thread to collect your opinions on that.

Please, share your thoughts!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize text in cursor hover on a menu item

Request: the ability to customize the text (perhaps a field on the page set up) that appears when your cursor hovers on a menu item.

Right now, the text defaults to a repeat of the page title.

Benefit: could use it to further explain what can be found on that page, making it faster for a user to navigate to where they want to go, perhaps result in fewer pages, cleaner look.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Website theme description (description, features, constrains) to simplify selection

It would be great if beside each theme offered, there were a description of its main features and constraints, i.e: dynamic/flyout or static, dimensions of the header (if static - not sure how you would describe it if dynamic), easily replaceable elements, etc.

Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide a menu link from header when member is logged it

I am wanting to customize the header navigation when a member logs in. Basically my customer has a tab that says "Why Join". They would like for that to vanish when logged in. This will allow for the navigation not to wrap or cause other issues in the navigation

I am wondering if Wild Apricot has 2 header files or any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Conversion of large websites into WA

I would tell anyone with big websites that the conversion is the most difficult part of going to Wild Apricot, especially when there is need to convert many pages. The conversion process was quite painful. We had php pages with very simple and clean html code. Our subcontractor apparently copied and pasted from the displayed webpage instead. This resulted in poor conversion of links and images. Where we had had had a central repository folder for all the images on the old website, we ended up after the conversion having images attached separately to each page and in many cases…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show restricted access page in menu but require password to access

Right now whatever you want to protect or restrict access to, you have to put it under a "Restricted Access" functional page.

And whatever that is in that page is invisible, unless you log in.

Two suggestions/wish list....

1. Capability to designate each page whether it is to be password protected or not, without putting it under a restricted functional page. Having to create pages under "Restricted Access" limits flexibility and intuitiveness in arranging the pages.

2. Have those password protected pages menus be visible, even without logging in, but require password to proceed any further.

Thanks.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Maintain cursor position switching to/from HTML view

If you wish to fine-tune something by switching to the HTML view while editing a page it is a major task to find the right place. Can you place the cursor in the same position when switching to/from the HTML view to make this easy?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add and manage xml sitemap for SEO

Bing, Yahoo! and Google all recommend a site map be submitted to their crawl services in order that URLs on a website are brought into their crawlers' awareness. Otherwise the bots generally rely on quantity of cross linking from other sites and for many of our members this is very hit or miss — resulting in many member page never making into SERPs.

We would greatly appreciate some mechanism for adding and managing XML site maps for all, or better yet, specific pages of a WA member site.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to Barbara, here is current workaround:
    --
    TO ADD A SITEMAP.XML to a WA SITE:
    Create a new folder under file mangement called sitemap.
    Then upload your site map to this folder.
    Sumbit your site map to Google, it will look something like this yoursite.com/resources/sitemap/sitemap.xml

A good place for free google sitemaps is:
    xml-sitemaps.com

19. Links to external sites as Menu Items

Currently a menu item has to be a WA object (content page, event listing, forum, etc.). If I want to link to an external website (your national organization for example) or even a specific event registration page as a menu item, you have to create an empty content page and use JavaScript and/or a meta tag redirect to send the user on (See this help page for additional detail: http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Redirecting+a+page ).

It would be great if you could enter a url for the menu item rather than this kludgey redirect process. This could also be accomplished through implementing a http…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums

We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base