Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

67 results found

1. Simplify Setup of Non-Registration Events

Calendar Events

Can we please have a way to add items to the calendar view that ARE NOT a full event in the database? We have general board meetings and other gathers or other group meetings that we want to show on our calendar but don't want to have to set up a full registration event.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Waiting List - Internal Notes

It would be helpful to be able to add notes to each waiting list person like we can on registrations. Also a filter option and check-in button would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reregister after cancellation

Participants who have previously registered for an event and have had the event cancelled cannot reregister for the same event. Please fix that function.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Events responded

We checked this and found out that it works properly.
    If member has canceled registration, he can later register again for this event.

Events crew

4. put a "Save" button on the page for writing and editing emails to contacts and members. "Save and Close" is there now.

Please fix this issue: Although there's a message that says that email drafts have been saved automatically, they are in fact not saved unless you have saved them manually first at least once. Please put a Save button on the page for writing new emails as you have on other web pages. "Save and Close," which is on the page now, is not the same thing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Implement Event Waitlist

Events now have waitlists.
    If you would like to elaborate or expand our waitlist capabilities please post a new idea.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Limit for Guest Registrations

With events you can now set up Registration types that can allow multiple of "guest" registrations. At the present time the only limit put on the number of guests is as part of limiting total registrations for events.

However, some clients have mentioned that they would like to limit the number of guests who can come to an event. I can think of two ways to do this:
    * Limit total number of guests for the event - If you don't want more than 50 guests, then you set this limit at the same time that you set the registration…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to select recipients for event announcements [5260]

For my nationwide webcasts, I LOVE being able to have the event announcements and reminders automatically go out on certain dates. It saves me so much time and effort. Thank you for this feature.

However, for my regional events I'm not able to use this feature since it will send the announcements and reminders to all my members, instead of just members in Boston or the Bay Area for example. Isn't there a way to set the announcements to only send to members with keywords - the way you can set keywords for events you should be able to set…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tracking on-site registrations and actual attendance [1112]

Current behavior:
    Wild Apricot assumes that mos attendees will be pre-registering online and does not provide any special functionality for on-site registrations and attendance tracking. It is still possible to handle that in the following way:
    - record on-site registrations and collect payments. Record attendance. (We assume that you will do it on the piece of paper instead of directly into the system, though this is possible as well).

- enter all onsite registrations manually via admin backend using 'Add attendee' button. (You might want to add a special registration type 'Onsite' to make reconciliation easier)
    - add option buttons…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not mark as 'free' events which involve expenses payable to others

Some events are not free, however we don't want to enter a price, in order to prevent the system from generating an invoice... For example, when members register for a trip to a chocolate factory. They don't owe the Club any money, but still, this is not a free event, they will have to pay for the transportation, visit, lunch,...

Is there a way to either hide ¨Free¨ (because it's not free after all) or prevent the system from generating an invoice if we input a price (because it's not money owed to the Club)?

Many thanks,

Nicole

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limit event registrations to one per member/email

Currently
    When registering for an event, someone can register as many times as they want using the same email (so long as they don't exceed any event registration limits). This was initially set up so that guest registrations could be submitted if someone didn't have the email for their guests, but this is in the process of being completely implemented with Multiple registrations for an event

Desired
    Some people have asked for the ability to limit the number of registrations that can be submitted under one email. This way if someone entered an email which was already used for a…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Event-specific administrators [10260]

Current behavior:
    Copies of event registration notices are currently sent to the same general contact email as all other administrator notices

Desired behavior:
    Ability to specify which administrator(s) should receive copies of even registration notices
    Ideally, allow setting this up separately for each event

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reduce the number of emails and optimize per payment method

I'm hoping someone can help me with the new Version 4.3. I'm glad "manual" is gone and saw that there's a way to give general payment instructions. I've got that all set up.

My question is in regards to the event e-mails. Perhaps I'm screwed with the simplification of event e-mails, but humor me:

People Paying Online: Should only get 2 e-mails. A receipt from PayPal and a Confirmation from our website (will get these around the same time).

People Paying Manually (On-Site): Should also only get 2 e-mails. The first will be a Confirmation from our website. The second…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit number of event registrations for each registration type [1328]

We desperately need the ability to limit registrations by the registration type. For example, we will have one event where there is an upper and a lower draw. There is room for 10 players in both draws.

Right now all we can do is say that the max number of players is 20. But that means we could get 15 players in upper and only 5 in lower. So we have to keep an eye on it and go in and manually close the type and hope we do it at the right time. We need this to be automatic.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to use special guest price even when collecting full registration information for each guest

We have the following event-related situation which results in incorrect pricing being set:
    Event open to member and non-members
    Free to members
    £10 to non-members
    £5 to members guests
    There are no special requirements so there is no registration form designed (we just use the common fields)
    In the "registraion type" for members we allow guest registrations
    The three options under that related to the collection of guest data.
    If I select "collect full registration form for each guest", the guest price is incorrectly forced to base price e.g. FREE whereas if I select either of the other options I…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to exclude some common fields from a particular event form [10210]

Not sure this is the right place; please forgive me if not.

I don't want all the common contact fields on my reg form, but I can't figure out how to not have them. Do I need to make the unwanted fields "uncommon" in some way?

Warmly,

Joel

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Check in guest when main registrant fails to attend

When a member registers a guest for an event we are unable to check in the guest when the main registrant fails to attend.We would like to have the capability to check in the guest despite the main registrant not being present. The scenario is not uncommon. For example, it arises when a bundle administrator (often a firm owner) decides to send employees to an event (and typically wants to put all registrations fees on his credit card) but fails to attend personally because of a conflict on the day.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. variable costs for events and membership as a price multiplied by a number [2942]

Currently:
    N/A

Desired:
    The ability to charge dynamic membership dues. Currently you can do this by creating extra cost fields and assign different costs to different choices, but some organizations might have very complex formulas. For example:

An organization might charge their corporate members per employer per year x $16.50 per head. However, they may have a minimum annual dues of 40 employees x 16.50, and a maximum annual dues of 400 x 16.50. There also may be an annual facility fee for each corporate member $100 per facility with a minimum of one facility and a maximum of five.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Registration Cancellation Emails

Hi,

1) If I delete attendees from an upcoming event, WA does not notify them with a registration cancellation confirmation notice.

2) If I delete a whole upcoming event, WA does not notify any existing attendees that the event has been cancelled.

Can you add these as feature requests?

Thanks,
    Rick

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Event Registration Types with From AND To dates [8815]

Hi,

Our club hosts races which are announced many months in advance. We provide a sliding scale of pricing for each event regisration type, based upon how soon someone signs up. As we get closer to the event the amount goes up.

This strategy typically requires that we set up our event types such that there is an introductory race (until some date), followed by one or more periods of price increases (each one is scheduled to run from some date until another date), followed typically by a period of a week or two prior to the event when registration…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selective 'Include name in list of event attendees' by default [11717]

We use WA for our club members to register for our weekly meetings. I occasionally hear complaints about how many clicks it takes to register. One member asked if I could make the checkbox that says "Include name in list of event attendees" default to selected. I told him the software does not allow me to do that.

How about in the Event Details page if there were a way to indicate whether the checkbox for "Include name in list of event attendees" would default to selected or not.

Thanks, Mark

UPDATE FROM KERNEL APRICOT (JUL 2013): while the question…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base