Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

368 results found

1. Overhaul WA HTML e-Mail to send out REAL HTML standard

A while ago I realized why my RESPONSIVE HTML e-Mails weren't responsive: I found out that the Wild Apricot eMail System does not send out WW3 confirm HTML eMails, as it "cleans" all HTML code from the templates that are not inside the <body> tag while sending it out.

This is a real problem because eMail clients like Apple Mail and others totally depend on the correct DOC Type and <meta> tag structure and content to correctly display HTML and give the viewing device the chance to arrange the layout according to the designer's CSS code. Without the complete HTML…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Emailing a subset of event registrants

I'd love to be able to email a subset of event registrants based on responses in registration fields. For example, emailing only those registrants who have indicated they'll be bringing a guest. In other words, allowing for some advanced email filters on an event page, similar to the advanced search filters. Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email Forward Option

Within our membership renewal reminder email, we would like to include a link that says "Send to a Colleague" which forwards the email to other non-members. When you click on the link, a new window opens with the ability to enter multiple email addresses and enter a personalized message. The original email and your message is then forwarded to these recipients.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Differentiate between Test and Real sent e-mails

It would be most helpful if the 'test email' would be noted as a 'test' in either the subject or body or somewhere to signify that it's a test e-mail. For the 'sender', I think it would be more clear when going back and re-reviewing sent items, trouble shooting listserv issues, etc. The true 'sent' ones look exactly like the 'test' ones. Would be helpful, I believe.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email blacklist capability for Send Message form

I would like the ability to maintain a site-wide email blacklist to prevent known spammers from exploiting the "Send Message" form.

Recently, one of my clients has been barraged with spam. The spammer is accessing the Send Message form and systematically sending emails to each member in the database -- over 1,000 so far.

As an administrator, I'd like the ability to maintain a blacklist for email addresses or domains that we know to be spam to prevent their emails from being delivered to our members.

• Kim
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Event organiser macro

It would be good to have a macro for event organiser. The event organiser is already identified for "reply to", and we would like to put a more personal sign off name at the bottom. A choice between <Event organiser full name> and <Event organiser first name> would be ideal.

Malcolm

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to forward FYI e-mails to membership

I really love how easy Wild Apricot makes it to send out e-blasts to members or contacts, and we use it for club announcements and newsletters. However, I routinely run into a problem with trying to forward e-mails to our distribution lists.

Our organization often gets announcements from other groups advertising trainings and workshops that we would like to let our members know about. The problem is the only way I can figure out to send this information to our membership is to log into our account and set up an e-mail from the system, and this can be a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add social sharing options into email announcements and other emails

WA should consider incorporating into the platform the ability to distribute social-media updates simultaneously with email 'newsletters' and other blasted communications. I envision the user programming into their social-media account information, and from the email-newsletter/communique-creation phase one would have the ability to add whichever social-media outlets they choose. From there, you would either send out the subject of the email and a link to the newsletter/communique as a default or it could be edited to fine-tune the blast to the different social-media outlets. Email newsletters/communiques could also have the ability to be 'Like'd or tweeted by readers, which would post…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to search by last email opened date and number of emails opened

We need the ability to better manage our email contacts in order to (1) assess the effectiveness of our email blasts, and (2) better manage our software subscription cost. I put in a help ticket and was told there is no way to do this.

(1) In order to create more active involvement in our organization I want to identify non-members who open most of our email blasts so that we can make effective appeals for becoming members or volunteers.

(2) In order to better manage our software subscription cost, I am in the process of archiving non-member contacts who…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Log for members who unsubscribe

I would like to be able to easily distinguish between members that actually select "unsubscribe" to emails vs. those that are automatically unsubscribed due to multiple email failures.

That way we could more easily contact those that may have simply changed their email address, from the ones that really don't want to hear from us anymore.

I'm not sure how to tell this the way it works now.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drip campaigns

I'd like to set it up so that my members get content "dripped" to them week by week. Right now, I have 3 weeks worth of new material that all new members (including free 30-day trial members) access all at once.

It would be great to pre-schedule and drip this content over time (daily, weekly, monthly).

Thanks!

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Admin ability to disable workflow emails

I have searched for help on this and not located any. I would like to be able to disable workflow emails but leave our organization eblast emails in place. I can understand why you don't want the member to be able to do this but I would like to.

When our members receive a renewal invoice and have elected not to renew, they often let us know. They may have a couple weeks left of their membership which would include several more renewal reminders they don't need. However, I cannot end those as a courtesy without stopping all their email,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Event collections report

From email correspondence:

"...As we run multiple events each month the income report is useful but only gives the total income for each even whereas the payment report is separated into the various payment types (ie. Cash, check, paypal, etc). having the income report include the various payment types (ie. Cash, check, paypal, etc) would be helpful to reconcile with paypal and our accounting of offline payments. Right now we have to look up the offline payments and minus them form the income total to get the online payment by event or download each event into excel and delete offline…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. emails in log should display text as-sent, not macros

I've noticed that after certain changes (deletion of an invoice, or merging of contacts for example), the text of the associated e-mails in the log changes to reflect the change made in the database. It would be much more helpful for us to see the actual text, as-sent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Different membership renewal reminders for auto-renewal

I would love to be able to send a different reminder email for those members who are set up for automatic renewal. I get a lot of negative feedback from members who are getting the three reminder emails regarding their membership when they are set up for automatic renewal. I do put text in bold to disregard the message if they are set up for automatic renewals, but it doesn't really seem to penetrate. I would like to see a different email that I could send to them; something like, "Your membership is set up to automatically renew in two…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email Signature

I would like to have a set up in the email section that I could add my signature to the emails that I send, much like Outlook has a signature that you can set. There are two of us that send emails in WA and it would be helpful to have a signature for each of us. Right now I am having to type my name and contact info on each email.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email macro for organisation address, telephone and e-mail

Hi

It would be great to have a macro for the organisation address, telephone and e-mail.

We have just moved offices and we had to update all of our email templates manually, which becomes a large task when you have individually customised event e-mails and can't just update the default e-mail template. With a macro linked to organisation details, it would have just updated automatically.

If you were to introduce an e-mail signature as suggested on another post, it would be helpful if that signature was made up of macros for address etc.

Many thanks

Gill

WICE

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Customize Password Reset Email

We'd like the ability to customize the Password Reset Email that is sent to users to let them know if they reset their password it does not change their password for all of our other systems as the registration site (wild apricot) is not integrated. It is a separate system.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let contacts edit subscription sources

The subscription pages are a good idea, but once contacts sign up, they can't edit which topics/types of e-blasts they subscribe too. They can only unsubscribe from all manual emails.

In my organization, we have six monthly newsletters on different topics. In the past, we have used Constant Contact lists to manage this - people can always edit which of our lists they subscribe to. If they are tired of the Foreclosure newsletters but still want the Microenterprise newsletters, they can customize that. In WA, if they are tired of Foreclosure emails, it looks like they have to unsubscribe from…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Social Media Compatibility ...

WA should consider incorporating into the platform the ability to distribute social-media updates simultaneously with email 'newsletters' and other blasted communications. I envision the user programming into their social-media account information, and from the email-newsletter/communique-creation phase one would have the ability to add whichever social-media outlets they choose. From there, you would either send out the subject of the email and a link to the newsletter/communique as a default or it could be edited to fine-tune the blast to the different social-media outlets. Email newsletters/communiques could also have the ability to be 'Like'd or tweeted by readers, which would post…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base