Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Discount Codes for All member levels

Currently as I understand it, coupon codes are only available to yearly member levels... is there a plan to have that available to all member levels (monthly, free)?

We currently offer a %15 discount to events for all of our members and have to manually create two registrations for each registration type...

If you do plan on doing this in the future it would be incredible to have the option to have the discounted price be rounded up or down so we don't have to deal with cents...

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CGFCGF shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not about monthly or annual - it's about recurring payments. Due to specifics of integration with some payment systems, we could not properly handle discounts initially (e.g. we were not able to charge a discount just for application and then do not charge it in consequent recurring charges), so we disabled it for recurring payments.

We will get to this some day.

• CGFCGF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not monthly (they are allowed), only those with recurring payments active.

Almost all of our members with recurring payments are "monthly." Which is why our monthly levels aren't options... Is there an easy answer as to why monthly recurring-payment members can't use discounts?

• Larry KillerLarry Killer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahh, good catch CGF. We do not have monthly memberships so I was not aware of that restriction.

I apologize for heading you in the wrong direction!

• CGFCGF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, only members who pay yearly are eligible... monthly members and free members are not able to use coupon codes:

• Larry KillerLarry Killer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[quote user="CGF"]

Currently as I understand it, coupon codes are only available to yearly member levels... is there a plan to have that available to all member levels (monthly, free)?[/quote]

CGF - If I understand your question correctly, you can already do what you are wanting. When you create your discount code there should be a 'By Level' checkbox. Click that and then you can add check marks to the membership levels that you want the discount applied to. Anyone outside of those levels checked will not be able to apply the discount.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7