Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Basic image editing (e.g. crop, rotate, etc)

Right now I don't know what to do as an admin with members' photo albums...

Modern member driven websites have scripts that are able to crop, flip, rotate images. I see a serious need for this at Wild Apricot too.

PROBLEM #1: Members that shall upload "portrait" (ID like) pictures to their profiles do so by taking any picture of any kind and just upload it to the profile. Of course if you take a family pic with five people on it and it is 2500 x 3000 pixels it will look like crap in the final 110x110px format.

With my club I manage we use the application form to be able to decide if they will be approved for the club or rejected. So after about 1500 applicants now I can say it is time consuming and very straining to have a 80% fail quote without any chance to help them to do it themselves and instead of that to have them individually contacted and asked them to "improve" their pictures. (It is possible that they need multiple attempts until I tell them to send me their pictures and let ME do it for them…)

PROBLEM #2: It is now totally common that members access the website via mobile devices like smartphones or pads. These mobile devices have "rotation meta data" for pictures taken with that mobile device. This meta data however is not recognized by the scripts of Wild Apricot which leads to pictures being uploaded without the correct rotation. So members create entire photo albums with pictures that have a totally wrong orientation.

I would love to see the member portrait but also the albums be fully capable of self administration with CROP, FLIP, ROTATE functions. The wheel is already invented and can be added as an extension as you can see here under this link: http://www.jqueryrain.com/demo/jquery-crop-image-plugin

Also, why can't the admin have access to the MEMBERS photo albums via the ADMIN CP and/or the WebDAV Interface?

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BeardoBeardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7