Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

"Company" Members

... Our members are "companies", not individuals. "Company Entities" pay dues and have a contact person. When the contact person changes WO makes it difficult to maintain the "company" record. Financial records and membership records e.g. Statements, balance due, member since, profile, et.c moves with the individual and requires careful "reconstruction"/manipulation of the member record. Related to this, a company may have an accounts payable dept to which invoices should be directed and a marketing dept. that maintains their company profile. These access permissions could be delegated to a bundle member by the bundle administrator. Invoice and receipt related emails would go to the A/P delegate automatically and they would have access to the financial information on line/ability to make payments. In the case of marketing they would only have access to profile editing.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David CooperDavid Cooper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DaveDave shared a merged idea: company should be member  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! The company/institution name needs to show up in the list of invoices as well as the contact person. Being able to list the "member" as well as who pays the bill would be a nice addition too

• Theresa CaseyTheresa Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this comment completely. Not having a true company membership creates much more administrative work, inconvenience for our members, and lost revenues.

• VITAVITA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this type of feature has forced me to consider other options to Wild Apricot. As much as I hate to move to another platform, I am looking at alternatives. Please move this up in priority. I can't imagine how anyone with a large number of company members is addressing this issue.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The primary contact/account admin is rarely the person that pays the bills. Add a second admin that receives the invoices. Add a process to maintain company history, eg member since, financial info, etc when changing account admins.

• VITAVITA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature. The bundle administrator and the person responsible for invoices is often a different person. I plan to use Groups to help for the marketing aspect but having dedicated contacts for various functions would be great.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks David, this is very useful insight.

I would appreciate hearing from other users who have corporate memberships - what are your needs and what are the places where Wild Apricot doesn't fully address them?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7