Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Track volunteer jobs for events

As a cooperative nonprofit, we rely on and require our members to complete volunteer duties (and charge them at the end of the year if they do not volunteer). So tracking volunteer jobs, enabling online sign-up, and then crediting them with completion is a critical function that WA today does not easily support. This requires us to use Google spreadsheets and other outside-WA solutions and it's a significant manual effort.

In our case, most volunteer jobs are associated with events (e.g., parties where volunteers work in shifts, or are responsible for bringing certain items; or a swim meet where you need parents to work as timers, runners, judges, etc.). So I'm proposing the following new functionality:
* Ability to define jobs to go with a particular event - probably best managed from inside the event
* Job definition would include: name of job, description of job, duration/hours, number of people required for each job to create the right number of sign-up slots (e.g., 5 jobs for setup, 2 for during and 6 for cleanup)
* Ability for members to sign up for jobs
* Ability for an event or job administrator to add/remove signups, and most importantly, mark the job as complete
* Ability to lookup a member and see what jobs they have completed
* Ability for an administrator to see what jobs are filled and open within an event

This is common functionality for swim team software such as TeamUnify. I'll try to attach some screen shots.

Thanks!

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MatthewAGMatthewAG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Linda StoneLinda Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are not able to add the volunteer feature into WA then do you have a suggested outside volunteer program that would integrate into WA so that all information is in one place ultimately.

• Linda StoneLinda Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that the comments are from last year and started in 2013. Is this a dead issue? Our organization relies solely on volunteer hours and we even have a Volunteer luncheon where we acknowledge hours worked. It is vital that we have a means of incorporating this into WA.

• Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm evaluating membership support software for our small volunteer yacht club.Without this feature, we can't consider WildApricot.

• BaderBader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in favor of that a lot. Not all registree in events are participants; some are organizers with different tasks. Some have more than one task.

• Robin FineRobin Fine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need exactly this.

Currently we are using Volunteerspot and though appreciative of it ; would prefer to have one streamlined website

Has this been added to the new update ?

I wanted to know before I added it to wishlist. How many people need to have the same items on their wishlist before you consider implementation ?

Thank you

Robin Fine

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matthew, thanks so much for the details, this really helps. This does seem like something we would consider in the future - though not within 2013. I would appreciate comments from other people who have similar needs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7