Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Auto-populate address fields when charging a CC

We've recently upgraded to PayPal Pro so we can charge CCs through Wild Apricot. The problem right now is that it needs the address entered when entering the card info.

At an event, I'd like to be able to get the card info (via old-fashioned knucklebuster imprint) and then manually run the card later. But as it is, I also have to get the full address when I get the card info, and it's going to slow walk-in registration considerably.

If the system could auto-populate the registrant's address in the fields when I go to charge the card, it would save a ton of time and allow for smoother registrations. I can always go back and call someone on the off chance that the address didn't match the card and I couldn't process it.

Please let me know if this is possible.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SommerSommer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. It's important to make member transactions as smooth as possible.

[quote user="epgremill3"]We'd even be happy to name our address fields something standardized (e.g. same as Wild Apricot payment page) to get this to work.
        [/quote]

Seems like this is a simple solution to avoid another form.

You could have and state clear rules. For example, the first field that contains "zip" would be the zip code. The first member field that contains "address" but not "email" or "e-mail" would be the street address. This would accommodate many - not all - choices of field names. If our field names didn't work with your rules we'd have the choice of changing them or not enabling the feature.

Then give members a checkbox "Use member's mailing address" on the credit card form. Give admins the ability to enable/disable this.

• epgremill3epgremill3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also interested in this functionality. It would be helpful for manual entry as well as for members, etc. when signing up for events or making donations.

We'd even be happy to name our address fields something standardized (e.g. same as Wild Apricot payment page) to get this to work.

• Andria KrakowAndria Krakow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! We would also like to see the outcome of this. We take phone calls for registrations and renewals and are charged per minute. Having to re-enter in the address takes me time per call and thus costs us more money. I'll keep checking back to see how this develops. I am glad to see others are interested in it too!

• SommerSommer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure - not knowing your whole architecture makes it hard for me to offer advice; I just wanted to put that out there. :)

• SommerSommer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's a matter of mapping and every user name have different field names for their addresses, etc, it seems pretty easy - just give them a setting/interface to map their address fields to the CC charge address fields. Then just turn that admin interface on/off based on whether they can charge CC or not.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good point, thank you. Actually, we just introduced the ability to charge CC through WA and we agree that it's not ideal yet. We implemented fast and easy solution - give administrator same interface as for member.

Your suggestion is very logical but the problem is in fields mapping - to make pre-population possible, we have to find a way to map your contact database fields to credit card screen fields. Unfortunately, it's almost not possible to make it automatically - Wild Apricot (as a system) does not know which of your fields are address fields (they can be named differently). There are different ways of resolving this problem, we will consider them as soon as we can (not soon, sorry).

Or may be I'm missing something obvious here and somebody can suggest quick and easy idea for automatic mapping?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7