Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Attach calendar invitation files (ical) into event registration emails

I'd like to be able to attach an ical (Microsoft Outlook Calendar) file to event registration confirmation emails as I do not like to include all of the details of the meeting/webinar/training on our events page since it's open to the public. I've ran into issue in which attendees do not register since they have all of the information needed to attend. This would greatly help in encouraging registration and provide them the ability to add the details to their own calendar. Thanks!

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JamiJami shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jon PaulJon Paul shared a merged idea: After someone registers for an event, have an option to add it to their calendar  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CVMG_webadminCVMG_webadmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you need to think through the update process: embedding a calendar entry in someone's calendar doesn't help much if the event gets changed. Do you remember to RE-send to all those affected?

• SWEAtlantaSWEAtlanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought we couldn't attach anything to e-mails (except for .pdf invoices)...

I have the opposite problem, people don't register for events because they forget about them! I would love to attach iCals to event reminders or preferably e-mail blasts (since we don't use event reminders, we do a monthly newsletter) so that they can download it to their calendar. Even better if I can customize the iCal so that it has a reminder to register for the meeting.

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get around this problem by witholding information from the public events listing and add it instead to the Additional Information field for the event. Usually this is information such as full address details for the venue and links to additional information/documents. This is then added to my registration confirmation email so that they get access to the information only once they have registered.

That said, it would be nice to be able to attach an iCal file the email as well for people to add it to their calendar!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7