Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Provide more info as to source of Available Balance (credit) in profile

Overall the new capability for users to self-service their billing is great.

However I do think many users will be confused by the lack of information about credits they may have on their account. Right now the only thing is says is "Payment" with the amount/date.

We put internal notes when credits are generated so that we know the source (i.e. name of event if a cancelation credit, or raffle prize credit if it was a gift for example) and can be sure the credit is valid and not an Event Manager error.

I don't think our members intuitively think of their credits as "payments", so with no other explanatory information on the record they may not understand that's what it is. If they have multiple credits, they have no way of knowing where they came from to be sure they have the right credits.

Even when you click on the Payment link, it doesn't' give you any additional information, such as the internal notes that the administrator put on the record. That would at least be helpful even if the system can't post more information about the record automatically.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

skipatskipat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point, we will consider this.

For now I would like to collect feedback on how people use the new functionality - would appreciate comments from others!

• skipatskipat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, that's a good addition, didn't realize what it was for, we can definitely use that.

However, that now means we have to enter the info twice --- one for the internal notes, so we can see it in the listing of all the financial transactions, so we know what it is without opening each one, and once for the user so they will know what it is when they are in their profile.

One solution would be to have the comments to payer visible in the transaction listings?

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I correct that credit in your case corresponds to partially/fully unused payment?

If so, have you considered using 'Comment to payer' field in payments? This field is shown to the contact.

The internal notes are designed to be admin-only so we would not show them to the contact.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7