Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Import to Quickbooks needs QB "item" entry mapped.

When I do an export from the site to import to Quickbooks the invoice is created but is missing the "item" entry. I have had a conversation with Dmitry (tech support) on this and he ask that I post this to see if others want this feature. Doing the QB import doesn't do us any good if we don't have data mapped to the "item" in the invoice. The answer back from Dmitry was "The way QuickBooks import works, if it does not find the matching item, it creates a new one. So we figured the risk of messing up someone's QuickBooks database by accidentally creating numerous new items is too high."
This is a problem we'd like to have... if the item can be matched - we will make sure of that... right now having nothing in the item field in QB doesn't help us and we won't use the export and import into QB because every record would have to be edited... defeats the purpose.

So if you can use this feature let them know.

Thanks,
Bill

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FisherEngineeringFisherEngineering shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sanddollarsanddollar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved? Can you now map item for the QuickBooks download? If yes, can you point me to documentation of how to do this mapping? Thanks, Sanddollar

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Bill.

It's me all around :-) People used to ask me if wrote Wild Apricot software myself.

For security reasons we do not allow posting images (have to be a bit paranoid these days...)

I will find and post that image.

• FisherEngineeringFisherEngineering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dmitry,

I didn't know it would be you that I was posting to... ha!
        ok, so the list of "items" would be what you guys are allowing to import which is the info you map to "Class". If you could take that and map it to the "item" field we'd be set. Type of items for this particular non-profile are "Luncheon-member", "Luncheon-NonMember"... those are current ones but we could use the class info... as long as something gets mapped we can tweak the item in the item list in quickbooks...

BTW, i tried to upload an image to my original post but it said I couldn't and "contact the administrator". if you can open my upload I'll put an image of the QB screen there - the same one I sent to you in email... might be helpful for folks to see it.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bill, thanks for posting.

I would appreciate if you could post here some of the details you shared with support - e.g. your list of items you would ideally like to have mapped and coming from WA in import.

And I would love to hear from other people using QuickBooks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7