Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

QR codes scan for event attendance tracking

Does anyone know a way to use QR codes with WildApricot? It would be a nice way to handle check-in to events, etc. if we can get the reservation to print with a QR code.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

markknitmarkknit shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    David BDavid B shared a merged idea: Barcode and QR code Tickets  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David BDavid B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The event module works well, but it's missing the ability to generate an e-ticket for an event. i.e. with barcodes and/or QR codes. This would facilitate attendance and registration duties. Right now we need to use a second party or kludge something up ourselves. Here are two simple options for you.

1 - Add a barcode font, really easy to do. These are freeware and would at least let us add barcodes.

2 - Add QR code functionality. You need these when people show up with tickets on their cell phones.

These additions can fund your development. Look at SnapUp tickets for example. They charge $.99 per ticket, and $.50 for a registered charity. They give Barcode, QR code, and a map. Really slick.

As an added feature, it would more than pay for itself and really simplify our lives!! I can send you samples if interested.

Dave

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous: I wonder if you can update your profile so it say something more meaningful than "Anonymous"... It's up to you for sure, but it's much easier for me to build mutual conversation and keep conversation more personal.

Anyways, thanks for your comments - details always help in future analysis and design!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a quick way to be able to check/scan current members into our beach and lodge. and keep non members out. Currently, we check their membership cards by hand or look them up in the directory and sign them in by hand.

• drewdrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a way to use your system with RFID/Barcode based door access systems? Ideally if some one has a current membership then we could give them access to the club space.

• kirkcraigkirkcraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very interested in QR codes.

We run an annual conference with with about 40 difference workshops in 6 time slots. We do not require pre-selection of the workshops, so attendance tracking is difficult. If every person had a QR code on their name badge, they could be "scanned in."

I would then try to find a way to automatically send that registrant's email a copy of the speaker's handouts. I would also send a survey to that individual about 10 minutes before the workshop ended.

It all starts with a QR code on nametags.

• SilwoodParkKarateSilwoodParkKarate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I use your software for my karate club and have found most of its features to be excellent and unrivalled.

However, one main problem for us is that we really need software that will allow regular attendance registering either via Barcode scanning or QR codes. We have 10 karate lessons per week and ideally when students come in they would be able to use our tablet/pc to scan their membership card which automatically logs attendance - just something simple such as the date and then 'Attended' when scanned.

Thanks,

Gillian

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7