Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Event registration types: way to make a hidden one based on 'group' status?

Hi. My organization holds regular dinner meetings, with various registration types available, eg members, non-members, students, etc. Members of the governing committee get a discounted rate to the dinner. Since all of us committee members are full members as well, I have defined a 'group' called Committee Members, which is checked on for all of us (and can be unchecked if someone leaves the committee).

We've just started doing our first online event registration this month, and so far I've had to ask the committee members to choose the regular Members option so I can then manually change their fee to reflect the discount. Is there a way to make a hidden events registration type for committee members that will be displayed only to those people in that group when they log in? Going by my experiments and the manual, it seems like you can only have 'Board Member' if it's a separate membership type, not a group (but there seems little point to make a separate membership type for 10 people out of 500). Also, I'd rather not have the discounted price viewable by the general public, just by the actual committee members.

Thanks.

-- Ali.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_203.161.145.42anonymous_203.161.145.42 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anonymous_124.148.141.117anonymous_124.148.141.117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Richard, do you mean how do you hide a membership level on the events registration page? You can go to Registration Types, "Edit" and then "Disable" that registration type. That will let you still manually register people for it but it won't be available from the event registration page.

• Richard GaspaRichard Gaspa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I hide a membership level using events? I checked the hide button but its not hiding the even from a level that I don't want to see it

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ali,

unfortunately there is no currently a way to limit/hide specific registration type by group - only by level. So in your case the only choice is to place you and other members into special membership level.

But your point is very good and I'll move this thread into our wishlist forum - so everybody can leave a comment and vote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7