Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Event registration workflow with payment conditional on acceptance

We would like to be able to "apply" for an event (via a registration form), then after two days review of the application, if accepted have the person be billed for the event. I can think of two ways to do this.

The first is to have two registration types. The first is "Apply" where a the first registration type (questionnaire) is filled out for evaluation. This would trigger a confirmation of application and information about the approval process email. If approved, we have them register for the event again as a different type, say we call it "Approved for attendance." This would trigger a confirmation email with directions and instruction and an invoice. The attendance count is not accurate, but we can deal with that if we can track it by registration type.

The second is to setup two different events. The first event is Apply for Class. The registration form is not a problem, there is no invoicing at this point. If approved, we could give them a registration code. Have the applicant sign up as a member (because I think this is not automatic when you sign up for an event is this correct?) and gain access to a members only event where they can register with the code. They then register and this triggers an invoice. We would limit the registration to 12 approved applicants and there would be a price tier payment.

Your comments and consideration is appreciated.

Jan

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JanJan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles PenaCharles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of conditional action. Desperately trying to find a way to have 1 event with two components a Deposit and then a final payment. But might be able to use this idea. If you have 2 sub-events under a major event. The first if approved would trigger approval of the second one. Say the first cost $100 and if it was approved the second one they selected would automatically be invoice for say $2000.
        So with the idea here, an application fee first, if approved then the actual registration with its fee would be trigger and invoiced. But would want it to be automatic not an email telling them to go signup for the second item.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Jan's thoughts. Even for Free events, we don't necessarily want someone who registers automatically accepted.

• cspringscsprings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Approval for an event woudl be a huge help for my organization. We have a limited attendance and control who attends to prejudice it to existing members first.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jan, we will wait to see what other clients say about this but my gut feel is that this is a pretty rare requirement and will not likely be implemented in the next few years so you would have to use manual workarounds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7