Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Auto-login from e-mail links

It would be great if a macro could be built that could be used in an e-mail where the recipient simply clicks on a link and they are automatically signed in and directed to their membership profile. Currently, there is a macro that will direct the recipient to their profile, but they still have to manually login to get to it.

Anything we can do to simply the process for members who aren't super computer savy would be great. Having the macro automatically log them in would be a great enhancement. Thought I would post this to see if others also would like to see this function made available.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James KerichJames Kerich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    PBGVonePBGVone shared a merged idea: To help during the automated member renewal process,  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PBGVonePBGVone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had not thought about how long auto-login link might be active. We go out 90 days after renewal due date before someone is archived and I am guessing once member is archived, link cannot work. I should know this but when is 4.3 scheduled for release or have I totally missed the boat and it is live now?

• PBGVonePBGVone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apricot should consider creating a system MACRO that could be included in the member renewal emails saying CLICK HERE to pay online (no login). This link should be the shortest road to the actual payment system. This would allow automated renewal reminder emails to continue to be sent rather than a single invoice sent only once.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for a late reply - somehow we missed this comments.

We do consider this particular feature in our 4.3 release. The way we see it is not like a special "macro" to be inserted into e-mail, but rather that all any link in e-mail auto-login into the site. There will be also a special settings page in the system where you can control this behavior - disable auto-login by e-mail at all, limit how long such links should work (i.e. 24 hours or more) or even reset all links that have ben already sent.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7