Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Administrator control over Member photo albums

As a Wild Apricot website Administrator, I would like to be able to delete individual images from a Member's photo album (e.g. offensive, inappropriate, others' request).

While a Member can add and delete photos, an Administrator can only turn the photo album feature on and off, i.e. shut down all albums for an individual Member.

A workaround is to reset that Member's password, log in as that Member then delete the desired image(s). Then advise the Member to reset their password. This is not the most desirable solution.

From a security perspective, Administrator control over a Member's uploaded content is very important. Wild Apricot have added this to their internal wish list, but I would like to learn fellow Administrators' support for this request here.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Allan LeonardAllan Leonard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well.... it Is only a 5 year old issue then... I strongly recommend this because most people are not so Internet savvy like us admins and there are albums of members that are totally screwed up (links broken). It is rather difficult to administer them by sending instructions how to delete their own albums by email in a back and forth process.

Plus what the initial topic starter wrote: inadequate photos should be able to be removed by the admin. Right now the admin's only chance is to deny the entire photo album functionality to the specific user.

As a more straight forward approach: what if the administration capabilities of the member are just opened for the admin too? Just the same edit, upload, delete functions like the member has for his own profile could be used for the admin too?

• OlegOleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I was too quick with my initial answer and confused Photo album gadget storage with Member's photo albums. These are two different beasts and there's currently no way to access Member's albums via WebDAV.

Thanks for suggestion!

Merged your topic with existing thread on the same issue

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As proposed by Oleg, I opened a new thread for this "Problem".

OlegN said:

Unfortunately I do not see or be able to access the registered members' photo albums AT ALL… I see 18 albums in the "SiteAlbums" directory under WebDAV, however these are my albums that I created as an admin of the website. No albums from other members can be seen by me.

I have 1000+ members and about 70% have multiple (1-5) personal albums, so it should be about 1000+ albums at least to be seen in WebDAV.

Please advise! Is it only my problem with my account or is it a general problem?

Thank you.

• ErnieErnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like to request that administors be given the capability of uploading photo's to members photo alubums.

Rationale: most of our members are of the older generation and are computer illiterate. So in many cases we need to do it for them and make our job a lot easier.

Basketball-oldtimers

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7