Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Create Programs (same as events, but no dates) [11793]

We'd like to create "programs"--like events but no dates. Examples are a year-long class, or a team in a youth soccer club. Registration process could be identical to events, with fee levels, add-on costs, discount codes, etc. Why don't we just call these programs "events" and give them a 12-month duration? Because the "Programs" offerings should be displayed and promoted in a separate page or section and organized by category instead of by date. Registration process is the same but the user-concept is different: for ex., a member should be able to join a soccer team in mid-season, but displaying it on a calendar with a September start date front-and-center will imply to most members that they can't do that.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BAJacobsnBAJacobsn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Art MerkArt Merk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would LOVE this. But I need a 'program' to be treated like an event. We track the events our members attend, as well as activities they do throughout the year. For our club, we need to view/report/track these events all together - ie non-dated activities should be allowed as Events.

For the calendar view, they could show up in a separate area, since they are not date dependent.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional info on programs:

Payment for year-long program = $250 on registration + 12 monthly installments of $65

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate comments from other users.

About programs - does it really make sense to consider them together with events? Maybe a better concept is 'subscriptions' - e.g. currently people can sign up for membership but only one membership is active at the time. I understand that with programs one person can be signed up for multiple programs?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7