Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Create Programs (same as events, but no dates) [11793]

We'd like to create "programs"--like events but no dates. Examples are a year-long class, or a team in a youth soccer club. Registration process could be identical to events, with fee levels, add-on costs, discount codes, etc. Why don't we just call these programs "events" and give them a 12-month duration? Because the "Programs" offerings should be displayed and promoted in a separate page or section and organized by category instead of by date. Registration process is the same but the user-concept is different: for ex., a member should be able to join a soccer team in mid-season, but displaying it on a calendar with a September start date front-and-center will imply to most members that they can't do that.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BAJacobsn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Art Merk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would LOVE this. But I need a 'program' to be treated like an event. We track the events our members attend, as well as activities they do throughout the year. For our club, we need to view/report/track these events all together - ie non-dated activities should be allowed as Events.

For the calendar view, they could show up in a separate area, since they are not date dependent.

• Dmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional info on programs:

Payment for year-long program = $250 on registration + 12 monthly installments of $65

• Dmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate comments from other users.

About programs - does it really make sense to consider them together with events? Maybe a better concept is 'subscriptions' - e.g. currently people can sign up for membership but only one membership is active at the time. I understand that with programs one person can be signed up for multiple programs?

Feedback and Knowledge Base