Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Ability to have different special guest registration prices

I love the new guest registration feature, but I had a situation that I didn't know how to solve:

Each year, our organization has an awards banquet, and we allow the honoree two complimentary (free) registrations, one for himself/herself and one guest. All additional guests pay the base price. I had to do a work-around, but it involved registering the VIP comp guest from the back-end. I set up a VIP Complimentary Guest registration type with $0.00, but it could not be accessed as a guest registration option. The VIP was able to register all paid guests, but not the complimentary guest, and it would be nice at registration to have them all lumped under the VIP's name.

Thanks!

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

stonestone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TammyGrayTammyGray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and for us. i just posted a request for a way to require a registration type to be both members-only AND require a code. sounds like this might fit into the same category of tasks/features. Thanks for considering.

• kcbettskcbetts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that would be great for us too. We have the same situation with board members who have comps for a number of events and we always have to do some type of work-around, defeating the whole purpose of having an online registration function.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a second thought this might be addressed by another enhancement we do plan to implement in the future:

currently all guests have to use the same registration type. It has been requested that we allow different registration types for each guest.

See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8826058-allow-to-select-registration-type-for-guests-7910

So if we do this I think then you can create a special registration type requiring secret code (existing capability in WA), you can handle what you have described above.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will withhold my judgement waiting for additional comments from other clients but so far this looks like a pretty unique setup so I do not think we would be able to consider adding this to Wild Apricot...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7