Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Discount coupons for recurring payments

I would like to see coupons that place a permanent discount on a recurring payment membership price.

To be clear, I am not asking for a coupon that will only affect the cost of a recurring payment for a limited time. For example, normal price is $5.00 recurring monthly, but with coupon code the cost will be $4.00 recurring monthly for the duration of the membership.

Coupon codes are a huge marketing tool and should be available also for a recurring payment only business like ours.

Thank You

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

novittnovitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed TEd T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unfortunate that coupons do not work with automatic recurring payments; understand that different payment vendors offer different challenges to implement but at least implement it in those providers that could allow it

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's because Wild Apricot can be used with several payment providers and some of them did not allow changing the amounts once the payment starts (e.g. initial payment and recurring payment have to be the same). I can't think of a workaround unfortunately.

• IllinoisSolarIllinoisSolar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently changed our memberships to recurring and now am disappointed that I can no longer offer discount coupons. This is a great promotion tool to acquire new members and to promote to a target group as well as to track the effectiveness of an advertisement.

Why is this feature incompatible with recurring payments and is there a work around?

• yrwrayyrwray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the recurring option for several different membership levels. Coupons are a great way to give members incentive to upgrade or join.

I too would like to have the option to have the same discount apply to every month for the life of the membership. One thing we are attempting to do is create an incentive for someone to keep their recurring payments active every month. Once promotion we came up with is, as long as you keep automatically renewing you membership you save $ each month. Manually renewing you do not get the savings.

In addition it would be good to have 1st month at the discount and the remaining months at the regular price. This would be ideal to have a person join, 1st month for 1/2 price the remaining months at regular price.

If I had to choose one or the other I'd take the same discount every month since it could be a more flexible marketing tool.

Thanks

Yvonne

• W4DMW4DM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the option for a coupon code for recurring memberships! Having the option of giving a first month free (first month 100% discount) or 10%off every month would be great. A coupon code is a tremendous marketing opporunity. Much of the professional marketing feedback that I am recieving is to offer the first month free as a great way to attract new customers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7