Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Uploading documents in forum and blog posts

Is it possible that you could correct the function of the forum and blog pages to not only allow someone to add a link, but also to add a document to the page?

What downfall is there in providing this function?

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James KerichJames Kerich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    washoowahwashoowah shared a merged idea: Insert images into forum posts  ·   · 
    tpoyntontpoynton shared a merged idea: can members add a picture to blog post?  ·   · 
    gjungle001gjungle001 shared a merged idea: Linking to offsite photo's in forum posts? [5178]  ·   · 

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anne NicklinAnne Nicklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another occasion where my search for basic functionality within Wild Apricot turns up a really fruitful (pun intended) discussion of how needed this feature is... capped off with an admin reply of not now. It is hard enough to engage good discussion forums without the crunch of limited functionality. Please add this back to the immediate plans for upgrading the wyswig editor on forums.

• Charles CongdonCharles Congdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing photos is key for my members (kayaking club), and we are fighting for our lives against Meetup, who have this social aspect down cold (including trip-specific photo albums).
        At the very least I want clear directions on how people can direct others to photos or albums in their member photo albums, and/or the ability to link to another service like Flickr.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would agree that adding images and attachments would be helpful for members. An eta or upgrading the priority would be appreciated.

• Mary AdamsMary Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We tout our profiles and directory as a member benefit. Because the blog function isn't really public, we have to use Forums to allow members to share their thoughts and content. But then members are surprised when they can't attach content. The proposed solution would help us deliver value to our members. I hope that it can make its way into the road map soon!

• Trenton ColbertTrenton Colbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the proposal because it makes it easier on non-tech savvy members, but I'd think this could be implemented just through admin privileges to a restricted set of data folders that where only members could save files or pictures, while preserving the same UI that is already in use at the full admin level for uploads.

Having forums was one of my main selection criteria for picking Wild Apricot. Many groups have a need to share data and talk about it. It would seem an essential element of online portion of a club/org.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The WA forums are pretty basic. No rich text, no photos, bland formatting, hard to follow etc.
        I appreciate that WA wants to minimise server space usage by its users but it means that one of the best ways for members to communicate and collaborate within their own world is via the built in Forum of their community site.
        Not having rich content and a bland format leaves users uninspired to get involved.

• Peter - HR MutualPeter - HR Mutual commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that sharing images and files in discussions is essential to allow knowledge-sharing between members - without this feature we will eventually have to migrate to a different platform.

• rcgibbonsrcgibbons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My understanding is that adding images to a forum post is possibly currently, but only for those with admin privileges. Agree it would be useful to open this up to all members.

• Simon ByrneSimon Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful for us too. Our membership has an internal buy/swap/sell forum where images would really add.

Thankyou.

• EricaErica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is super critical for us as well. The social aspect of the club is key, and a big thing for our members is sharing photos.

• Shelbi HoffmanShelbi Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature ASAP! I have many clients who need the ability to have their members post photos to forums. I actually thought this feature had already been added.

This is a major barrier to using the forum application. It limits the forum user to imagine what someone is talking about rather than being able to see it. It cannot be that hard for WA to fix, as admin can already post images, but members cannot. Members are the users of the forums, .....more than admin. Proposal looks fine....but when can we expect it???? Please expedite so we can use the forum application.....

I would like to use the forum for our website, but the ability to let members post images is essential. We are a fossil collecting group with over 650 members, and they would like to post a picture of their finds and then have help from other members in identifying the fossils. This is not possible without an image post.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7