Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Default setting for forum email frequency

It would be useful to have a global setting for the default forum email frequency -- immediate or weekly. If this is not feasible I think that the default should be weekly. Many members object to
receiving too-frequent emails.

Gary

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary MooneyGary Mooney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alumni GroupAlumni Group commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evgeny mentioned that this is "very easy to change" - so perhaps this item could be combined with one of the other forum-related changes that are farther along in the process - e.g.,

- Managing email subscriptions to forum updates (for which this issue is relevant because people will unsubscribe if the default frequency doesn't match the nature of the forum)

• Gary MooneyGary Mooney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see the default set per forum by the Administrator.

In our case, we have a News & events forum that should be set to immediate, and a bunch of Project forums that would best be set to weekly.

For both Administrator and Member, it would be good to have a "Select all" option and then allow individual deselections.

Gary

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7