Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Registrant to view and change his event registrations

Current features:
Once registered, a person can not change anything (i.e. cancel/edit details) about their registration, this can only be done by the administrator

Desired behavior:
Registrants should have the ability to view and edit their own event registration(s)

389 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Supporters!

We’ve prepared design suggestion for this idea:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XrhtUinBndBDRUO73SkUzjzJLJdRbYUq_19EtuFkKu8/edit#slide=id.p

Key changes:

1)Ability for members to review all their event registrations, filter them, and view details.
    It will appear in the member’s profile in a new My registrations tab.

2) New Cancellation setting will be available in registration type settings with 3 options:
    • Do not allow cancellation
    • Allow sending cancellation request to event organizer
    • Allow cancellation up to N days before start of event

3) New email “Event registration canceled” will be sent automatically if member cancels his event registration. It can be customized.

Our first step will not include ability for members to change event registration detais from profile. We will consider this problem separately and collect additional information.

Will be glad to hear your comments about suggested solution!

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a brand new user of WA with an organization of over 200 and a huge mailing list (not yet imported into WA), I am very unhappy to learn that people cannot cancel their own registratons. I hope this moves WAY up the list of changes to be made. People are used to handling their own registrations online for all sorts of things, and involving 'human contact', especially for free events, is cumbersome and time consuming.

• spinsister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a plan to include the option for event self-unregistration in an upcoming release?

We sent a survey to our 300 members about what they did and didn't like about our new Wild Apricot implementation. This was by far the biggest complaint. We run several free events per week which require a minimum number of attendees to proceed safely. Registrants want to notify other attendees if they can't make it. Due to volume of registrations we don't have the capacity to update the site manually as cancellations are emailed in.

I agree with an earlier comment that only allowing this for free registrations is a good start. An event could be configured with an "allow self-unregistration". For pay events we're fine with processing these manually as we need to issue a full or partial refund anyways.

• skipat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anyone out there charges cancelation fees for some events you will want to vote for this feature!!!

We charge attendees a cancelation fee for certain events if they cancel late (within one week of an event for ex.)

It would be great if this cancelation fee could be built into to the event when it is created by us. (enable us to set the dates/amount for it to kick in).

And we'd like the cancel revenue to accrue to the finances of the event --- want to see cancel fee revenue in the Registration by Type report.

Then, when an event manager Cancels Registration (needed to free up a seat for someone else to register in their place), the attendee would automatically be billed cancel fees for that event as set in the Event Details.

No additional work would be needed by Event Mgr or someone else in the organization to generate a Manual Invoice to bill them for the cancel fees, and then settle their previous payment to the new manual invoice so member's account is properly credited/settled. (Since once you cancel the registration, the invoice is canceled and the member account is automatically credited in full for whatever payments were applied to that invoice).

This would save us so much cumbersome work and oversight of Event Managers activities!

• skipat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On many events, if an attendee cancels too close to the date of the event, there are cancelation fees due. The current process in 4.0 is quite cumbersome for an Event Manager to issue the appropriate credits and charges to the attendee record. (I'm still struggling with all the steps to make it come out right!!!)

I would like to see a new button appear when an attendee is canceled with options for entering a cancelation charge (either to modify the existing invoice or to automatically create the new invoice for the cancel charge), and then have options for applying payment for that charge from the existing payment already recorded for that attendee on that event. If on line payment, then adjust the credit due back to the member account for the full event charge less the cancelation charge.

For manual payments, on many events we collect 2 checks --- we either destroy one check (equal to the refund due) and keep the other (for the cancelation fee). However if an attendee only sent 1 check or the refund amount is different, we need to deposit the check and issue the credit less the cancel fee.

When a manual payment attendee cancels in advance (no cancel fee charged), we also destroy their check, so would like to cancel the registration and have the option to simultaneous cancel the payment that was prevously recorded.

It would also be good for the registration payment report show the cancelation fees collected for that event.

• Mike Davison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this feature. We have lots of free and pay-at-the-door events and we would use this feature all the time.

It makes sense to put this into the member profile and allow them to cancel any free event they have registered for.

In addition, I'd like to see an "evite" type of option to have members RSVP for events with Yes, Maybe or No. I also like the ability to send emails to members of a group based on their RSVP status - e.g. send to all "Yeses", all "Nos", All "Maybes", All those who haven't RSVP'd.

• anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This would be great. As it stands now, the event creator has to go in and manage it, and we need our participants to be able to join and drop at will. Thanks!

• Peter Litwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like event attendees to have the ability to remove themselves from events.

Thanks for your consideration.

• ParGolfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. How about starting with just FREE registrations? Those are uncomplicated. My suggestion: right next to the Attendees list(visisble to members who are paid up) add a "Cancel" button. Should only work if a member is logged in. If someone tries to cancel someone else, message pop up would be something on the lines of: "You are not authorised to cancel another Member's registration".

That should do it.

• Dmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate input form others. This is not a simple issue, we have to consider:

- free and paid registrations

- cut off dates

- how refunds are issued

• ParGolfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to find help in this area, but has anyone found a way for a member to go into his profile and look at all the events he has registered for and have the option of canceling them?

And in this regard, can the Admin set up a time limit for cancellations e.g. 48 hours prior to the event, so if the member tries to cancel inside that limit he or she receives a pop up denying the cancellation with the message indicating a time limit?

Mike.

• Meagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know you have your plates full but I'd like vote for moving this up in priority!

James, there has been no progress on this issue so far, we have to focus on other items with higher priority for now.

• James Kerich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? One additional area that could be included with this tread is the ability to change their registration type after they register. For instance, if they register for a Full Registration type and then after they submit that registration, they realize they want to switch to a one day registration, there is no way for the attendee nor the admin user to correct this. The Admin user has to actually completely delete the registration and re-register them to correct this situation. This is a crazy interface and needs to be corrected, but I can see how the pricing adjustments could be difficult to program. However, there has to be a better way to manage this then deleted them and re-keying everything.

I totally agree and this is the direction we are working toward - to have all contacts able to log in etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base