Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2Checkout - setup recurring payments

Set up recurring payments under 2checkout.com.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Automatically add a waitlisted person upon someone's cancellation

(Capture from other feedback source) Waitlist feature only half helpful....needs further automation to automatically add a waitlisted person upon someone's cancellation AND then automatically send out confirming email to the new person.

61 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Registering families for events

I've really had to finagle the system to make it possible for us to have an event to which children are likely to attend with their parents. At present, we have the ability to have guest registrations at a different rate, or guest registrations at the same rate, or the ability to have everyone register separately. What's needed is to have the cardholder be able to register everyone according to whatever rate they should get. For example:

Adult at 10, Children at 5. Right now the system can handle two adults, or two children being registered at once. The system…

87 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  34 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Email a Friend gadget

I've added external code so that people can recommend our website. Our own members are the best promoters to new people and people are more responsive to people suggestions than any other marketing technique.

It works OK, but a better one could be built. The idea is to have a button on the page that says something like recommend to a friend. That would prompt a pop-up with a place to enter and friends email (or perhaps more than one), and a captcha code entry. From then it would generate a form filled out with the emails listed, the users…

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Random photo gadget

A gadget to show one random photo from a selected photo album. The photo could be sized as needed and optionally linked to show the larger image in the album. Optionally, it could have subtext displaying the name of the member that contributed it.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Gadget to display member images (logos/pictures)

I would like to be able to insert a widget-like window on any page, or in the header/footer area, that would scroll the logo images from member records.

The window would simply scroll the logos as links to the member. Ideally, administrators could provide a title for the box (ie "Our Members" etc.). Adding search capabilities would allow us to create different scolling sets as well (ie one box could be all members, another could be based on location - state, province, city etc.)

11 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Category List Gadget for Member Directory

It would be extremely helpful if a list of business directory categories was a gadget that auto generated.

I currently have a dropdown menu on the membership sign-up asking them what category a business is. Although I can add the dropdown results above the member directory, it shows all categories in the dropdown, not just the ones with at least 1 member. Also, some members have 2 categories which forced me to do 2 dropdowns that are identical.

So I wish adding member categories was a default option on the membership form options and that there was a gadget that…

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Group Directory Gadget

I'd like to be able to show the members of a group on the group's page. I'd probably want to just get the full list of members for my group because there are usually fewer than 20 members in a group. The home page for the group would have an event gadget (show just the group's events), a forum gadget (showing recent posts for the groups discussion board) and a member gadget (showing all the members of the group)

14 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Photo Gadget

Hi all. I would love to have a photo gadget on our home page, which shows the most recently added photo's to the photo gallery - similar to the forum gadget which shows the most recently updated forum topics. We have a lot of photo's on our site in different categories and it's hard for members to see when new photo's have been added unless they go looking in all the specific categories.

Thanks!

Cheers, Penny

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

12 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  9 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
                        A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

13 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Birthday gadget

It would be nice to have a gadget that would show members' birthdays whether by day, week, or month.

13 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Manage tasks associated with a member

From a customer's comment:

It would be great to have a task list associated with member actions, for instance:

Event/Task
                            New member/send intro package
                            Renewal/send thank you note
                            Donation/send thank you note

and so on

The tasks are removed from the list as the actions are taken. Yes the emails can be used for this but they are outside the WA system and mixed with other emails.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Not charge existing members initiation fee (extra charge costs) when they change levels.

Not charge existing members initiation fee (extra charge costs) when they change levels.
                              Initiation fee is only applicable to new members, not existing members who would like to change levels. It will be nice to have an extra cost field type applicable for new members only.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Dramatically simplify membership renewal process for members

This is a request to improve the process for members to renew memberships. Non-Profit organizations depend on memberships and membership renewals for continued funding and advocacy. As a result it’s necessary to repeatedly lobby members to renew, so it’s critical for membership renewals to be a convenient one click process to get to the Pay-Pal screen. Sending members to the home page and requiring a login and password in order to renew membership is inconvenient and cumbersome. We have two requests for improving the process:

1. A direct link to the “membership renewal page”, bypassing the password requirement (the way…

32 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  30 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Shopping Cart ability

I think it would be really useful if the website had a shopping cart feature similar to how Amazon allows you to build up your purchases and then just check out once.

My members find it frustraiting that they have to go to the membership area to renew their membership and check out. Then go back in to make a donation and then check out. Then go back in to register for their events. A lot of times they have to check out twice to cover registration and the add/ticketed events which means they have to then check out two…

19 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Session registration within an event

Allow event participants to select specific sessions they wish to attend in a multi-session event (e.g. conference). Alternatively, allow the direct routing from the registration page to an online survey tool where we can ask those questions.

7 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • When a member is automatically archived for non-payment of dues that member should not be able to re-activate their membership by logging in

When a member is automatically archived for non-payment of dues that member should not be able to re-activate their membership by logging in with their email/password. Or, at least from the global level the organization should be able to choose whether this is acceptable or not. Right now, we will have to check all archived members and individually remove their email to prevent this!

14 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Member Log-in Pop-Up

It would be awesome if we could have a pop-up message to appear when members log in. For example, we would like for existing members to update their profile upon logging in. I don't want it to display everytime they log in so we would need to be able to control how often or when it displays.

Thanks!

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Set join date as date dues were paid

It often happens that people complete the application and then take a few weeks (or even more) to actually pay their initial dues. The "joined" date is automatically set as the day they filled out the application. I'd like to be able to instead have it be the date the money showed up.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7