Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. group billing

Provide a way to group multiple invoices for different members to be selected/grouped/paid by a single individual payment. This IS NOT a capability of membership bundling. I want each membership to remain in a separate record, but I need the ability for a single invoice to accumulate charges for multiple individuals. For example, I have one organization that has 4 individual memberships in our organization for their employees. They want the ability to make a single payment that covers all 4 membership renewals rather than having to log into each record and make 4 individual payments. This also occurs when…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Surveys

Currently
      N/A

Desired
      Admin will have the ability to create a survey

Surveys are comprised of multiple questions, which are often inter-related or at least all concern a similar subject. Members or guests would have to ability to participate in a survey and answer the questions. Admins would be able to view the survey in the administrative side of the site and be able to see the ongoing results for each survey. Additionally, admins may only invite a certain group of people to participate in a survey.

There are a number of ways that this can be done, and a…

78 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  13 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Multiple invoice templates

I search the forum, but I can't find anything regarding my situation...so I am posting it here. If there is a similar post and you can point me towards it, I would be greatful.

I guess my first question would be - can we create more than one invoice template? I have a template set up for new members and existing members who renew. This all works fine as I have the {Payment_Instructions} set up so that they make sense for these types of invoices. The instructions thank them for their membership payment and goes through some other 'membership' specific…

51 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  21 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add Boolean logic to Advanced Search

It would be nice to be able to search the member database (or any database really) by specifying criteria such as:

Renewal_Due on or after Sept. 16,2008

AND

(Membership_Level = Gold OR Membership_Level = Silver)

Right now, I think, I can only choose to AND (i.e., Match ALL) all the criteria or OR (i.e., Match ANY) all the criteria -- no mixing AND's and OR's. This is okay for very simple reports with only two criteria, but often not what is needed for reports with more than 2 filter criteria.

83 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • mobile app for admins to access wait list

We need the mobile app to allow admins to access and use the waitlist functions. We often have waitlists so a cancellation by itself isn't sufficient. We need to see who's next on the waitlist and add them as a registrant, THEN cancel the other one.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Gamify Member's site participation

Gamify the activity of the members, please.

A point system could be set for contributions to the site. ie. New member 100 points.
              posting from website to social media 10pts
              leading a new event 100 pts
              attending an event 25pts
              taking a survey 10 pts
              contributing content 25 points.... and so on.

The points that members rack up are applied to advancement of levels, recognition, and perhaps rewards or prizes.

Members can see a Leaderboard and their ranking on that board.

I know that gamifying the participation of members will increase the participation and help identify and recognize emerging leaders.…

12 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow for saving draft versions of blog post

I don't see a way to save a draft version of a blog post that I might be working on. As a result one need to make the post live even though you might need to make several revisions over a period of time to get it just right and truly ready for posting.

23 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Tags for blog

Yes i ditto that--we need to have tags available for our blog posts. This is a basic feature of blogs now that greatly improve the user experience as well as one to rank in google for keywords/tags.

60 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  40 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Tracking Continuing Education Points (CEU, CEC, CPD, CPU)

There is currently no special functionality for tracking Continuing Education points/credits in Wild Apricot. It is possible to track these via custom admin-only fields but this requires manual process. We are considering adding this functionality in the future and would appreciate details on how these are typically tracked by our clients.

133 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  61 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Application for Joint Membership: Both Members Apply with One Application

The process for applying for joint membership does not work well. The administrator completes the application, but there is nowhere for that person to add their partner or spouse at the time of application. After the main member has been approved, it is near impossible to get that member to add their spouse after the fact, even after I send a personal email asking them to do so. It would be so much more effective to have them add the partner at the same time and have check boxes for items that are the same, like the same address or…

35 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  13 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Pull member address and phone number when making credit card payment

After a member has already logged in (as well as for us on the backend) and one FINALLY (can we please shorten the number of steps to get there!) gets to the credit card screen the member address and phone number needs to be manually entered - seems like a big waste of time as WA already has that information. Could the credit card payment screen be pre-populated with that information which is necessary for the cc to process? Of course the person could always change it prior to hitting the submit button.

30 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Document Library Gadget

Our community organization maintains a lot of short legal PDF documents for reference by our members. The current website we use has a document library function which makes it easy to load a lot of documents into a web page. This page then lists their titles, when they were added, how many hits each document has had over time, etc. You can also sort and resort the documents by clicking on the various column headings.

Right now, we have to manually insert details about each document into a static HTML table. Keeping the documents properly sorted is also difficult. If…

59 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Improved Website Design

Websites look a little awkward and aren't particularly easy to design, so this could be improved.

65 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  29 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Emailing: Improve Adding Recipient Workflow

We are "Husky" development team at Wild Apricot named, responsible for emailing area of the product.

We’re putting finishing touches for our next release in Aug-Sep, which will include big improvements to our emailing workflow. These improvements are the first step to centralize emails management into one module and allow email scheduling and many other features in the future​.

But we need your help to make sure we’re on the right track.

There is one feature that we didn’t change but we would like to improve: “Adding Recipients”. Before we design improvements, we want to know a few things about…

27 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  25 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Member Billing Contact

Many member accounts need a seperate billing email to get the renewal notices and event invoices. Is there someway to add a seperate field for billing contact name and email? Or a second person who gets notified of invoices and financial notices?

10 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Bundle membership pricing

Current behavior:

Bundle membership pricing policy is is not flexible - administrator can only setup memberhsip fee and bundle limit. No way to setup pricing based on number of people in bundle.

Desired behavior:

Add ability to admin to set pricing policy for bundle memberships.For example, we receive feedback from our customers:
                                  - "...It would be much easier to have a quantity field to compute the number of members for billing... People select the number of members to include in the bundle. The system calculates the invoice amount."
                                  - "...Group memberships - would like a system that allows multiple registrations,…

37 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Viewing gadget in page templates when editing...

Editing in page templates would be much more efficient if the specific gadgets in each placeholder were visible just as they are when editing in site pages. Currently the gadgets are not visible; I have to go back several times to change/check the gadget and/or placeholder. Please make it a priority to give users the ability to see the gadgets in page templates instead of seeing "Page specific gadgets used on 1 page(s)" in every placeholder.

Thanks!

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Support both Organizations & Individual contacts

Hi WA - I'm new to the product/community and was just reviewing the long thread on bundles (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825677-revising-bundle-membership-functionality?page=1&per_page=20) since we need this feature.

It looks to me like refactoring to give organization its own entity in the system would setup the platform better for addressing the issues raised.

Are there long term plans to do something like this?

* An "Organizations" tab/capability just like "Contacts".
                                      * People could belong to one or more organizations.
                                      * Organizations would have their own notes / history etc separate from the people within it.
                                      * People (contacts) could have different Roles within…

51 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  19 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add ability to record a donation using Wild Apricot app and PayPal Here mobile card reader

We are very happy that we can now accept payments using the PayPal Here mobile card reader in conjunction with the Wild Apricot app. However, we have discovered that it is not possible to accept a donation and have it recorded as a donation in the member's account using PayPal Here - because a payment can only be recorded against an outstanding invoice and there isn't a way to generate an invoice for a donation. This is a big drawback!! We want members to be able to pay both membership dues and donations this way -- preferably in one transaction…

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Prorating Membership Level Upgrades

Copied from another discussion -

Discount coupons discussed here are only for new member applications.

What you are talking about is prorating the membership payment when members change their level - applying unused membership fee and/or reducing the new fee if new membership level is not for a full period. We are working on this - it would be great if you could start a new thread on the wishlist forum to explain how you would like to see it work.

How our org would like it to work -

Ex - level a - $35 annual fee and level…

21 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  20 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base