Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3361 results found

1. Event Registration for viewing a video

We are just starting to produce some webinars for our members and have opened them to the public to attract new members and establish some good PR. The webinar service, GoToWebinar, has its own registration function that forces us to re-enter registration info into our Wild Apricot database manually. While that is a chore, it's not the problem that I want addressed which is this:

We record the webinars and would like to make each recording available for anyone to view later as long as they register so we can collect contact info. The webinar service offers this function -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. See the post you're replying to

I'd like to see what I'm replying to without having to include the whole thing in my reply (as with quote). Also, the nomenclature is not what a user expects... most of my users didn't bother to even try "quote" before asking how to get that type of functionality.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On line petitions

Our group would like to develop an online petition for our members to sign and add their personal comment to the petition statement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email notice distribution

We would like to be able to specify individual members (rather than administrative roles) to receive specific system-generated emails (rather than ALL emails for membership, or ALL emails for events).

The system generates a lot of emails. For instance, there are initiation emails for membership sign-up and renewal; completion emails for membership sign-up and renewal; reminder emails for memberships that are expiring or have lapsed; and so on for events.

We have volunteers who work on membership and events who shouldn't have administrator access, but who should be able to get emails when someone signs up for a specific event,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Member Websites

I would like to see Wild Apricot offer member websites as an add-on option to association members.

The profiles are great and the ability to link to the members website is also good. But most members would appreciate having a website they could edit themselves instead of a static site they have to hire a webmaster to change.

Member websites could offer the same templates as association sites but minus the association functionality that we need.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add ability to apply default email change to selected membership types

Current behavior:
    Updating "Default" Emails is an all-or-nothing prospect. You can apply the updates to none of the existing membership types or all of them.

Desired behavior:
    Allow option to apply changes to multiple selected membership types (Most likely via checkbox selection.)

Scenario:
    I have five membership types, and I need to change the membership renewal email in three of those membership levels. As the system currently stands, I have to customize the email at each of the three membership level setup screens. It would be preferable to go to the "Default Emails" screen, make the needed changes, and have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Undelete

Ability to undelete anything that has been accidentally deleted.

The system needs to be robust, and this means ability to roll back accidental changes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make the email user interface consistent on all pages where one can compose and send an email

The email interface is inconsistent on some pages. All pages that have the ability to compose and send an email should have exactly the same interface. They should all provide the ability to use the same editor, use macros, and provide the ability to test, save, and send the email.

This is currently not the case.For example, in the Finances area, within an invoice, you have the ability to create an email to send to the member but this page has only a "Send email" and "Cancel" button. There is no "Preview and send", "Test-email", of "Save and close" (create…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Half year application fee

Hi,

Not sure how this can be done. Our social club year runs April 1st-March 31st. Members joining between January 1st and March 31st pay a half year fee.

Is it possible to set up a defined $x fee (not pro-rated, a fixed fee) for the period of January 1st March 31st? At this point, members joining in today have an outstanding balance of $2x, a full year fee.

Thanks a lot,

Nicole

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display tags in event listing

It would be great to display the tags (labels/categories) assigned to each event in the published event listing and or calendar. I would like to make these tags visible to the public when registering, as they contain information that is potentially useful to the registrant.

I looked the online guide and forums, but could not find an answer to this question. A simple check box when setting up the event (Display tags for this listing? Check here) would suffice.

Steve

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Database for things that members own

I have been tasked with adding a special database to our Wild Apricot site.

We need to list details of the boats that our members own and I would dearly
    like them to be able to update the info on their boat themselves (it will
    save me a lot of work!).

I would like to have quite a large number (around 30) customisable fields,
    some with free text entry and some with drop down menu choices.

I need to add at least one photo, preferably more, to each record.

It needs to be searchable on any field.

There would ideally…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Finding primary company contacts (or bundled administrators) using the simple search

Our Membership managers want to locate primary company contacts (or bundle administrators) using the simple search screen.

When you have a many bundled administrators with many linked (or children) records. It’s difficult to find the primary member contact (or bundled administrator). I know you can use advance search but this involves extra steps when searching on a day-to-day basis. In our case bundle administrators are the primary member contact which is used frequently.

The functionality is relatedly simple, in fact works exactly the same as finding an system administrator.

My suggestion for the Contacts / Simple Search page is to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update Event fields via file Import

Hi

It would be great to store user feedback linked to the user and event.

I've created a custom event field called Feedback. Now it would be great if I could import the feedback collected via Wufoo via file import.

This would mean I could export the data from Wufoo, and import here, instead of having to enter each entry manually.

Many thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding "Read more" link to event details

Hello there,

We sometimes have events that have many speakers for which we give bios of each. This can make the event description quite lengthy. In order to shorten the event description so that it's not so overwhelming for the potential attendee, it would be great to have the ability for a "Read more" link within the event description. That way, if someone wants to read more about Jane Doe's life, then he/she can just click the "Read more" link and be taken to a separate page just for that person. Right now, I could create a content page underneath…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "Anonymous" Commenting Option to Profile

Currently, anyone commenting on a Forum has their name displayed with their comment. The only way to comment anonymously is to remove all outside access to the profile.

On the premise that people might be more willing to participate in a Forum if they could easily create anonymity, adding a profile option to permit anonymous commenting would be a helpful feature.

An alternative approach might be to direct the commenter through a process allowing removal of their name, substituting of a "nickname" or simply "anonymous" to identify the commenter.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to see forum posts by each user/member

I put this comment in a different thread (oops!) and the Chief Apricot Dmitry said "I totally agree with your point about the usefulness of seeing a particular person's posts and I would appreciate if you could create a thread on this" Thanks Dmitry! Here it is...

It would be useful for us to see posts by each user - like in these WA forums when you click on the user's name and it brings you to a page with a tab that shows all of their posts.

Situations when we would like to see a list of each user's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto-login from e-mail links

It would be great if a macro could be built that could be used in an e-mail where the recipient simply clicks on a link and they are automatically signed in and directed to their membership profile. Currently, there is a macro that will direct the recipient to their profile, but they still have to manually login to get to it.

Anything we can do to simply the process for members who aren't super computer savy would be great. Having the macro automatically log them in would be a great enhancement. Thought I would post this to see if others…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event Registration Report - options Mark All / Clear All

I am using the Event Registration Report frequently. I have events with over 30 field choices. It is very tedious to have to click or unclick each field box.

Would it be possible to make two Report Options?

Mark All - will select every field to report on.

Clear All - will unselect every field

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tracking and automating member benefits

I would be interested to know if a process to track and manage unique member benefits has been discussed or proposed. We are considering using WA for a small museum, and our members receive benefits including free admissions (vouchers) that they can give away. I would like to populate the system with a certain number of benefits per level and then give the member the ability to use/print these unique pages any time they wished.

For example - a member at level 1 may receive a 5 free guest admissions, whereas a member at level 2 may receive 10 etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Event gadget formatted as Mini Calendar

I have the listed events gadget already in use. What I was wanting was a mini map that would show dates, and the viewer can click on the date and get specific events happening on that date. I also want to show the current events gadget as well on the home page.

I would like to have a gadget that shows a working "Mini Calendar" like the one below for the home page.

Something like this:

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?