Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Different durations for the same membership level

Now that WA can accommodate memberships of different lengths (in years), we want to offer a menu of options such as 1 year, 2 year and 5 year membership lengths.

Right now, everyone who is a member has a 1 year membership.

It looks like I could add 2 and 5 year memberships which NEW members could sign up for, but I don't see how to offer my current members the option to renew for longer at their next renewal date. When they renew, it's automatically going to be for 1 year.

Is there a way that each time a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Event Registration Report - options Mark All / Clear All

I am using the Event Registration Report frequently. I have events with over 30 field choices. It is very tedious to have to click or unclick each field box.

Would it be possible to make two Report Options?

Mark All - will select every field to report on.

Clear All - will unselect every field

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom URLs for events

Would be great to have a way to make our own Custom URL for Blog posts, Events.

Right now i use bit.ly to make:
    http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/allevents?eventId=159084&EventViewMode=EventDetails
    into
    http://bit.ly/may29-trail-clearing

Be nice if we could have a box that says Short URL

http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/events/may29-trail-clearing

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically update existing links when page is renamed, document or picture is moved

It would be helpful if all existing links within a web site are automatically modified when one changes the name of a page. This would avoid broken links. Thanks

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export of information presented on dashboard

The main and membership Dashboards both provide do a good job of summarizing data in the system and as such provide a valuable reporting tool.

However, the essence of a report is the ability to share it with others and there is no mechanism to do this. At present these reports are on the screen only and short of taking a screen snap there is no way to pass them around.

I would find it very valuable if there were an "Export" button which allowed us to receive a download of the dashboard in Excel (CSV??) format. This would allow…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Event Calendar Filter / Search on public side

I was hoping to see if there is a way to publicly search event calendars on wild apricot through basic or advance search criteria filters. Eventually I would want the public to be able to find an event by city/location or member profile association.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Signatures for blog posts and forums

Many forum and blog sites allow their contributors to add signature files for their participants. The can contain personal and contact information for the person, as well as any links and maybe even a quote or a photo

Requested
    When a member is logged in they can define a "signature" as part of their profile/information. This would be limited in size (we don't want them too big!) and they could set it up so that it is appended to the bottom of every blog comment and forum reply that they make.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Page access restricted to event attendees

Currently
    You can control page access so that web pages you create are visible to Anybody, Selected Membership Levels, Groups, or just Admins.

Desired
    Sometimes people want to create a web page that has materials or information that only pertains to be people who have attended an event (handouts, itineraries, promo codes, pictures). In these cases you would want to have the ability to say Choose "Event registrants" and then select the event(s) from a list.

At present this would only work for member who attended an event, but it might be possible to make it so that when a…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Members to be able to manage an event

NOTE: There is already a thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825554-members-to-be-able-to-submit-events-3764 about allowing members to submit their own events. This thread is expands upon that by requesting to also give members the ability to manage those event.

My organization is focused on triathlons and members are the main driver of training events. One of the primary functions of the organization's website is to allow members to post and manage their own events. They don't need approval though we do keep an eye out for abuse.

The type of functionality a member would need to manage an event would be basic CRUD of the event…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Event Attendees Should Have Ability to Send Emails to Other Attendees

We would like all event attendees to have the ability to send an email to other attendees and event leaders. Right now only the event admin can send an email to all of the attendees. We have events where the attendees would like to set up carpools with each other. It would be really helpful if they had the ability to do this.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tracking and automating member benefits

I would be interested to know if a process to track and manage unique member benefits has been discussed or proposed. We are considering using WA for a small museum, and our members receive benefits including free admissions (vouchers) that they can give away. I would like to populate the system with a certain number of benefits per level and then give the member the ability to use/print these unique pages any time they wished.

For example - a member at level 1 may receive a 5 free guest admissions, whereas a member at level 2 may receive 10 etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dashboard Customization

As a Wild apricot user, wouldn't you love to customize the dashboard to your own liking? Batchbook from batchblue.com does this very elegently. The user can select from a number of widgets to enable/disable. You can even rearrange widgets by dragging and dropping.

I strongly suggest looking into Batchbook dashbook design for Wild apricot.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Defer payment until application is approval

I think it would be helpful to have an online application with an option of deferring the membership fee until the applicant has been approved for membership.

This would allow them to complete an application, which would enter the system as a Pending status. Once they have been approved, and the record is marked as Approved, then they would receive an email requesting that they then pay for the membership.

Our group has certain guidelines that must be met for membership. There are also other documents (proof of insurance, etc) that must be sent in for review. Once these items…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, this is not something we’re going to change – not sure if ever.
    Workaround to use: create a special “entry” free level to apply to, and close “normal” ones for application. For the entry level, create also a dropdown field where a potential member can choose a level they want to apply to. Add other fields you need to assess the application. When application is successful, your admin is to change membership level to required one and generate membership invoice (membership upgrade invoice). The member will be emailed with the invoice and can pay.

16. Member Billing Contact

Many member accounts need a seperate billing email to get the renewal notices and event invoices. Is there someway to add a seperate field for billing contact name and email? Or a second person who gets notified of invoices and financial notices?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Event templates

I would save me a ton of work and grief if there were event templates for the details section. Copying previous event is ok, but because of the formatting and table issues in WA they never quite look the same. The details section could be broken out into, well, other sections. For example, in this order, have a template with sections for:

* Header/Title
    * General Location (i.e. New York, Bay Area, Boston) with picture space (we have logos for each chapter location)
    * Register Button
    * Description/writeup of event/meeting
    * Speaker info and bio links (if applicable)
    * Deadline…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One Member Registers Multiple Members for an Event

Hello,

I mentioned this in the last survey I took and Dmitry suggested I post this here.

We have encountered several instances where allowing a member to sign up other members for an event would be a big advantage.

For example:

Member Frank would like to make a reservation for dinner with member Mike. It would be faster and tidier if Frank can do this in one registration. This way, Mike and Frank both appear on the list of registrants and both will receive updates about the dinner event. At present both would have to register separately (this would cause…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Inserting Gadgets in eMails like upcoming events or recent blog posts

Very glad to see the gadget feature just introduced.

Is it possible to insert the gadgets into emails generated through WA? This would be great for newsletters etc. and would save us the need to use a separate service to read RSS feeds etc. We could then start to consolidate our mailing list into WA as contacts (more $$ for you guys!)

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy Wild Apricot events into google calendar. So you can share this google calendar and you members can subscribe to it.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2276-copy-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calendar

Help page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1653

Blog post with video tutorial: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/02/14/create-integromat-scenario

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base