Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Edit content on the site w/o having to click 2-3 times

Would like the ability to edit content on the site w/o having to click 2-3 times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Track donations of goods by donors

We'd like to be able to manually enter donations of goods by donors, with the ability to have multiple donation records for each donor. In this way we could keep track of donors who give items for our yearly auctions, and keep track of what they donate each year. It would be an 'item' record that is manually entered by admin, just like the monetary donation record that is automatically entered when someone donates online, and would be "owned" by the donor record.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow admin to record membership recurring payment starting from next renewal period

This may be specific to auth.net which we use. If one wishes to start recurring payments the apricot/auth.net process requires the initial payment to be made at the time the recurring payments are launched. We have run across multiple instances where we wish to start recurring payments at some point in the future but not credit the member's cards now. For instance we just had a case where someone had recently paid to join via check but for future payments wished to pay by credit card; Our alternatives are for the member or ourselves to remember to set up recurring…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Click column headers to re-sort directory

I would really like to be able to allow users to re-sort a member directory simply by clicking a column header. Right now, the sort order of the directory is pre-determined by the admin who sets up the directory page.

If that's too complicated, then maybe provide a dropdown box with all the visible fields on the directory page from which the user can choose.

As an added feature if you ever decide to implement this, being able to indicate the direction of the sort is useful (A to Z vs. Z to A).

Kim

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Member Finance Profiles

I am not thrilled with the way invoicing and financial transactions, including multiple payments and refunds, show under a member's record. It can be a little disjointed. It would be better if it was listed more like it would look in an accounting software as a full transaction list. For Example:

10/27/14 - Invoice - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $200
    10/28/14 - Payment - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $200
    10/28/14 - Invoice - Newsletter - Monthly Newsletter - $100
    10/29/14 - Refund - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $50
    10/30/14 - Payment - Newsletter -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Refunds from Wild Apricot

It would be great if I could actually submit a refund through the Wild Apricot system, instead having to post the refund to the member's profile and then going to the gateway to actually process the request.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search function for the events tab when inserting a link

When inserting a link and selecting the events tab, it would be nice to have a search box at the top where one could just start typing the name of the event, much like the main Event's page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Numbers payments receipts

Good day,

Is there a way for manual payments (offline) to have the consecutive number added to the email receipts?

This is the only thing holding up our organization from using wild apricot 100% for all our billing.

Our finance people require this or they can't accept it.. Invoicing does it already, it should be too hard to make it happen with payments.

Thanks

Nick

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Contact Self-Service Proof of Attendance Report

A contact that is not a site administrator should be able to sign in, go to their member page where they can see their profile, privacy, email subscriptions, etc., and see a past events attended list. They should be able to print this page as proof of attendance. So a date range selection, so if I want to print only a certain range of events that would be possible. Once they have the list narrowed down to the desired date range, there should be a print button that would show the list in a printable format and from which they…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Section Divider - allow "Use In" setting to restrict where it appears

We have several different member types - e.g., Candidates who submit to be published, and Subscribers of various types (electronic, print), with future disparate types to be added. The groups will have fairly different applications and fields, and thus different Section Dividers.

I'd like to be able to specify when a Section Divider appears on an Application -- by Member type so that it never appears on an application for the wrong group. (Just like you can for other Membership Fields.)

With just two main types of applications so far, I have been able to avoid this by shuffling the…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Differentiate between Test and Real sent e-mails

It would be most helpful if the 'test email' would be noted as a 'test' in either the subject or body or somewhere to signify that it's a test e-mail. For the 'sender', I think it would be more clear when going back and re-reviewing sent items, trouble shooting listserv issues, etc. The true 'sent' ones look exactly like the 'test' ones. Would be helpful, I believe.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Members to post comments pre/post events

Current Behavior:

Members can not post feedback about the event at any given point in time. Prior to the event members can see the event description, attendance list, event details (date time etc), but they are not allowed to provide any comments

Proposed Enhancement:

Have club members post comments about upcoming and past events? I would like them to be able to post comments even prior registering for the event. For a sample implementation of this feature - see groupspaces.com

Motivation for the Enhancement::

Our club is a very social organization and members often like to submit general comments for…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We are going to include it into our next year plan.

14. Email blacklist capability for Send Message form

I would like the ability to maintain a site-wide email blacklist to prevent known spammers from exploiting the "Send Message" form.

Recently, one of my clients has been barraged with spam. The spammer is accessing the Send Message form and systematically sending emails to each member in the database -- over 1,000 so far.

As an administrator, I'd like the ability to maintain a blacklist for email addresses or domains that we know to be spam to prevent their emails from being delivered to our members.

• Kim
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to manually enter author name on blog posts

It would be nice to be able to indicate an author of a post who might be different from the person entering it. Our blog is moderated by one person, but many contribute content. It would look much better and give credit where it is due if the post carried the actual author's name.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Blog Features

It would be VERY helpful to our members if we had a search feature for the blog posts! Additionally, the ability to schedule posts would be nice for the post author.

Also, I've read from earlier threads that Google Feedburner could be utilized by members to subscribe to posts via email. Is that still operational?

Thank you!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. List of gadgets on the page

I've discovered that it's possible to get a layout to the point where you CAN'T access certain elements because of other placed elements in the way.

So, I need to get to the settings of my Login element. I can access ONLY a small amount of the right edge - just enough to click "delete", but moving past that, and the selection switches to a placeholder next to it - so I can't access to the gear to get to settings!!

What to do??

FEATURE REQUEST: when you're editing a template/page, have a LIST of gadgets on the page and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. display list of recipients in sending state

When I send a message to a group of recipients, all of the recipients go into a "sending" state until the message is delivered. If I click on the "failures" tab, it tells me that the message is still being sent until all have completed. None of the tabs seem to tell me which of recipients have not yet received the message and thus which may be experiencing delays. I suppose I could copy down the original recipient list and do set arithmetic with the successful delivery list, but I'm sort of disinclined to do this manually more than once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expense Reports for EVENTS

I think I saw this mentioned in a different converstaion heading. I would love to be able to add expense reports to event reports. The whole move it over to excel isn't working well for me. We don't have quick books either.

It would be nice to record who we wrote expense checks to from our membership and for what, like an invoice payment that we make to them and for what. Then

1. The member would have easy record to yes, we did send you check number.....

• even cooler if we could just make it back to our members through…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Photo album for each event

I would like to have the ability to add photos to a past event. Or a future event, for that matter! Members would have the permissions to add photos to an event from that event page. So then anyone could view these photos by clicking on the link from the event calendar, and on the side or below, there would be an album (or slide show).

We have events every weekend during the summer, and a couple each month late fall to early spring. Would be nice to have a way to upload the photos associated with an event, on…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base