Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3364 results found

1. Page access restricted to event attendees

Currently
    You can control page access so that web pages you create are visible to Anybody, Selected Membership Levels, Groups, or just Admins.

Desired
    Sometimes people want to create a web page that has materials or information that only pertains to be people who have attended an event (handouts, itineraries, promo codes, pictures). In these cases you would want to have the ability to say Choose "Event registrants" and then select the event(s) from a list.

At present this would only work for member who attended an event, but it might be possible to make it so that when a…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto-login from e-mail links

It would be great if a macro could be built that could be used in an e-mail where the recipient simply clicks on a link and they are automatically signed in and directed to their membership profile. Currently, there is a macro that will direct the recipient to their profile, but they still have to manually login to get to it.

Anything we can do to simply the process for members who aren't super computer savy would be great. Having the macro automatically log them in would be a great enhancement. Thought I would post this to see if others…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy Wild Apricot events into google calendar. So you can share this google calendar and you members can subscribe to it.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2276-copy-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calendar

Help page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1653

Blog post with video tutorial: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/02/14/create-integromat-scenario

4. Automatically update existing links when page is renamed, document or picture is moved

It would be helpful if all existing links within a web site are automatically modified when one changes the name of a page. This would avoid broken links. Thanks

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
    Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
    Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Different durations for the same membership level

Now that WA can accommodate memberships of different lengths (in years), we want to offer a menu of options such as 1 year, 2 year and 5 year membership lengths.

Right now, everyone who is a member has a 1 year membership.

It looks like I could add 2 and 5 year memberships which NEW members could sign up for, but I don't see how to offer my current members the option to renew for longer at their next renewal date. When they renew, it's automatically going to be for 1 year.

Is there a way that each time a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
    A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change the default image size for picture fields and make it customizable

I am using the Image Upload as part of my Registration Form. This image has a Max Size of 110 X 110 which appears very small, and there is no way to enlarge it. I encourage members to use the Photo Albums to upload additional images because these images in the Photo Albums do display a little larger. The main profile photo is what you see in the Member Directory and it is too small. It would be nice to have a click/mouse-over feature to make the image display a little larger. Thank You.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Event Calendar Filter / Search on public side

I was hoping to see if there is a way to publicly search event calendars on wild apricot through basic or advance search criteria filters. Eventually I would want the public to be able to find an event by city/location or member profile association.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notify Administrator about attempted but failed Donations

Unless I'm configured wrong I am not being notified when someone attempts, but ultimately fails,in making an online donation.

They could fail either because their credit card does not go through properly or they simply close the PayPal page. Although the transaction shows up in Wild Apricot as a Pending Donation it would be great if I could also be notified by email like a pending payment event registration.

I always follow-up with a phone call to these pending donations, but sometimes I miss them if I'm not emailed about it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Defer payment until application is approval

I think it would be helpful to have an online application with an option of deferring the membership fee until the applicant has been approved for membership.

This would allow them to complete an application, which would enter the system as a Pending status. Once they have been approved, and the record is marked as Approved, then they would receive an email requesting that they then pay for the membership.

Our group has certain guidelines that must be met for membership. There are also other documents (proof of insurance, etc) that must be sent in for review. Once these items…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, this is not something we’re going to change – not sure if ever.
    Workaround to use: create a special “entry” free level to apply to, and close “normal” ones for application. For the entry level, create also a dropdown field where a potential member can choose a level they want to apply to. Add other fields you need to assess the application. When application is successful, your admin is to change membership level to required one and generate membership invoice (membership upgrade invoice). The member will be emailed with the invoice and can pay.

12. Surveys

Currently
    N/A

Desired
    Admin will have the ability to create a survey

Surveys are comprised of multiple questions, which are often inter-related or at least all concern a similar subject. Members or guests would have to ability to participate in a survey and answer the questions. Admins would be able to view the survey in the administrative side of the site and be able to see the ongoing results for each survey. Additionally, admins may only invite a certain group of people to participate in a survey.

There are a number of ways that this can be done, and a…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Event templates

I would save me a ton of work and grief if there were event templates for the details section. Copying previous event is ok, but because of the formatting and table issues in WA they never quite look the same. The details section could be broken out into, well, other sections. For example, in this order, have a template with sections for:

* Header/Title
    * General Location (i.e. New York, Bay Area, Boston) with picture space (we have logos for each chapter location)
    * Register Button
    * Description/writeup of event/meeting
    * Speaker info and bio links (if applicable)
    * Deadline…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One Member Registers Multiple Members for an Event

Hello,

I mentioned this in the last survey I took and Dmitry suggested I post this here.

We have encountered several instances where allowing a member to sign up other members for an event would be a big advantage.

For example:

Member Frank would like to make a reservation for dinner with member Mike. It would be faster and tidier if Frank can do this in one registration. This way, Mike and Frank both appear on the list of registrants and both will receive updates about the dinner event. At present both would have to register separately (this would cause…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customizing event registration emails by tags

We have several event categories as well as several event managers. They all receive event registrations for all events. In a future update can you set a customizable event registration that can be filtered by event tags instead of a broad based all event email registration receipt. For example, we have social events, race events, junior events and a crane pad reservation calendar. There is an event manager for each of these categories. If there is a registration for a dinner (social event)… the race, junior and crane event managers all get the social event notification and vice versa. My…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add limitation by Groups to Registration Types for Events

Current behavior:
    When creating a registration type it can be set to everyone, members, or members of a selected membership level

Desired Behavior:
    Create the ability to limit registrations to members of a group. This way admins can create a group, for example board members and make sure that only they can sign up for board meetings or executive events.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Activity Feed on Dashboard

Currently
    There is no way for administrators to get a big picture of their member and administrators site activity. This causes situations where unwanted or mysterious changes (deleted pages, members,etc) happen that they are unable to track the action, sometimes not until it is too lare.

Desired
    Provide a way for both clients and support to quickly review a textual history of site changes by administrators and members. And possibly a 'gadget' to broadcast member and or site activity out to members/public.

This could be accomplished by creating an activity feed on the dashboard. Similar to the news feed in…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dashboard Customization

As a Wild apricot user, wouldn't you love to customize the dashboard to your own liking? Batchbook from batchblue.com does this very elegently. The user can select from a number of widgets to enable/disable. You can even rearrange widgets by dragging and dropping.

I strongly suggest looking into Batchbook dashbook design for Wild apricot.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Discounts for the total purchase

Currently, discounts are applied by member type, or by event registration type. But there is no way to discount the full cart (say 10% off your order). Why not?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Member Billing Contact

Many member accounts need a seperate billing email to get the renewal notices and event invoices. Is there someway to add a seperate field for billing contact name and email? Or a second person who gets notified of invoices and financial notices?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base