Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

210 results found

1. See which pages link to a page I'm managing

Hi,

A nice addition would be to see what pages link to a page I'm working on. For example, if I copy or rename a page, I may forget what other pages link to the original - potentially resulting in dead links. Can't always keep it all straight by memory.

Plus as a volunteer organization, we need a tool that can help provide reliable info when it's simply not feasible to document every detail of a website somewhere else.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Capture info prior to accessing certain web pages

We would like to require that people complete a form before being able to access a specific page on our website

We want to post an online workbook and video series but want to know when people (and who!) are accessing the page. We would want to require that they complete a form before being granted access to that page. (And preferably allow cookies to be stored so they can come back without having to complete the form again.)

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums

We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Links to external sites as Menu Items

Currently a menu item has to be a WA object (content page, event listing, forum, etc.). If I want to link to an external website (your national organization for example) or even a specific event registration page as a menu item, you have to create an empty content page and use JavaScript and/or a meta tag redirect to send the user on (See this help page for additional detail: http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Redirecting+a+page ).

It would be great if you could enter a url for the menu item rather than this kludgey redirect process. This could also be accomplished through implementing a http…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to preview changes to theme, header, CSS before publishing

I wish I could preview results before I publish changes to theme, header, CSS, etc.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Organization Chart

Current situation
    No way to automatically create Organization charts

Desired
    Simple way to create Organization charts

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simplifying embedding videos

I've started putting video on our website, and I have to go into the HTML and embed the code. This can be a pain when I don't know HTML almost at all, and the code from youtube looks different than some other site's code. In fact I did try to put a video up, and the section of the site was blank for a bit, till I got help from Chris at Nicasio.I also had problems putting video in the blog section.

So it would be most helpful to have some tools to more easily embed audio/video files. You really…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to close site to public/member access for maintenance procedures

We will need to export the entire membership list and purge many listings with undeliverable email addresses. It will then take a brief period of time to delete the existing list and upload the corrected one. Is there some sort of "Temporarily Closed for Maintenance -- Please Try Again in 15 Minutes" procedure for this?

WA replied "Unfortunately, we do not have this feature. For now, you would have to do this either at night or earlier in the morning. But this sounds like a good idea and I would suggest to add it to our Wishlist so other people…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easy way to insert links to system pages like member profile pages

I could really use an easy way to link a member's name to their directory profile. I have a lot of pages where I list a committee chairperson's name or an officer's name as in "See Sue Smith for more information." and I would like to put a hyperlink on 'Sue Smith' that takes the user straight to Sue's directory profile so that the user can find her contact information.

Right now, the only way I've figured out to do this is to log out as an administrator and log back in as a member. Then go to the member…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base