Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify admin about new members

It would be great to have a notice (to the admins) that is in your face when you login and there is a new member. Maybe there is a way to do this and I missed it. Either way, I have to be diligent about checking if there are new members when a pop-up or something at the top of the page that stands out would be better. :) Thanks for listening!

31 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • option to "not renew"

This might seem obvious, but is there a way for a member to choose to *not* renew their membership, archive themselves and thus stop the renewal reminder emails?

Each year about a third of our organization ages out but we don't know in advance who they are so we can't proactively archive them on the admin side. They get annoyed when the first renewal reminder emails start showing up, and their first reaction is to bombard the membership chairperson with requests to be removed from the email list. It's a pain.

It this isn't possible, do you have a suggested…

29 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to customize the display of the membership directory

Ability to customize directory result layout. Not just which fields are shown, but HOW they are shown - position, etc.

28 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Bundle membership pricing

Current behavior:

Bundle membership pricing policy is is not flexible - administrator can only setup memberhsip fee and bundle limit. No way to setup pricing based on number of people in bundle.

Desired behavior:

Add ability to admin to set pricing policy for bundle memberships.For example, we receive feedback from our customers:
          - "...It would be much easier to have a quantity field to compute the number of members for billing... People select the number of members to include in the bundle. The system calculates the invoice amount."
          - "...Group memberships - would like a system that allows multiple registrations,…

28 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Enhancements for Groups functionality

In our 2.36 update we have released Groups functionality - ability to organize members into groups - such as 'Board of Directors', 'Volunteer Committee', etc. These groups are independent of membership levels - one group can include members from different levels. These groups can be used to keep track of member participation in committees, restrict access to website pages to a particular group, or for advanced searches and emails. Seehttps://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+groups

We are contemplating a number of possible further enhancements to this and would love to get your feedback.
            Here are our initial ideas:

1) Group moderators. Group moderator is…

26 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  35 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow Renewal Invoice Generation without Emailing

Currently, renewal notices are automatically emailed.

Our members are used to getting renewal notices in the mail. Some of them don't read their email; a few don't even have it. So we want to be able to mail out the renewal notices, and not confuse them with an emailed invoice.

It might not be so bad if the renewal invoice could be customized by itself, but there's only one template for all invoices including events and renewals.

Anyway, we'd like to separate the options to generate the renewal invoice and to email it.

25 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Customizing the Term "Bundle"

Could we have the ability to specify our own name for the word "bundle," wherever it appears in WA?

When a new member gets into WA for the first time and tries to figure out how it works, having a recognizable term for a bundle would smooth the way.
                There are excellent terms for the bundle concept, but they differ from organization to organization. In just this thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825677-revising-bundle-membership-functionality-2492 , a bundle is used as a:
                If we could choose the term for a bundle, end users would immediately recognize what it means. And we wouldn't have to explain it…

25 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Customizable Membership Reports

The Wild Apricot membership, contact, event and donation systems contain vast amounts of hugely valuable raw data but there are few tools to summarize this data and no way to distribute it.

The Dashboards are valuable but contain limited information and no distribution tools.

The report generation tools for Events are quite wonderful. They are flexible, customizable and do a great job of summarizing data. However their value is minimal since there is no way to capture or distribute the information they provide.

Could you please:
                  * Provide a reporting tool for Members similar to the reports for Events
                  *…

23 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  14 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Discount coupons for membership level upgrades

I have offered a one-year free membership to my new membership site users using a 100% off coupon that I created. It works pretty slick, when the new member signs up, the space for the code is right at the bottom of the sign up screen.

However, when a "free" member wants to convert to a paid membership using the coupon- the coupon code spot not there. Can you please add it to this form?

thanks!

22 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  20 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • SEO - Improve Member Directory Indexing by Search Engines

Current Situation

Member Directory content will not always be indexed by search engines even if the pages are publicly visible.

Desired Situation

Have all publicly visible pages (including member directories) be fully exposed and visible to search engines to improve site SEO ranking potential.

20 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  24 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Customization of Email sent during Membership Level Change workflow

When a member changes there level, the system automatically sends them an email. Since there is an option to choose "manual payment", we need to be able to add our physical address to the email.

19 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Defer payment until application is approval

I think it would be helpful to have an online application with an option of deferring the membership fee until the applicant has been approved for membership.

This would allow them to complete an application, which would enter the system as a Pending status. Once they have been approved, and the record is marked as Approved, then they would receive an email requesting that they then pay for the membership.

Our group has certain guidelines that must be met for membership. There are also other documents (proof of insurance, etc) that must be sent in for review. Once these items…

19 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For now, this is not something we’re going to change – not sure if ever.
                            Workaround to use: create a special “entry” free level to apply to, and close “normal” ones for application. For the entry level, create also a dropdown field where a potential member can choose a level they want to apply to. Add other fields you need to assess the application. When application is successful, your admin is to change membership level to required one and generate membership invoice (membership upgrade invoice). The member will be emailed with the invoice and can pay.

• Back date renewal date to date of lapse when renewing

Right now, when a membership expires and is renewed past the expiration date, the renewal date is set from the date the member renews, (rather than the date the membership expired).

We would appreciate the following option: If a membership lapses the next renewal date is set to one period from the date the membership lapsed. (not the date that the membership is reactivated)

(The following example was copied from another thread on charging a late fee for past due memberships and represents our situation)

"In our case what happens at the moment is that some people wait until after…

18 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Customize how Member ID is generated

Is there a way I can designation a "starting number" for the member ID field? For example, if I am setting up a new membership database and I would like our member ID numbers to begin at 500.

17 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  23 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Admin to approve membership renewals

I realize this is a stretch, but our organization wants to require administrator approval not just for new applications, but for renewals.

For example, we have a discounted rate for full time students. We require that people show evidence they are full time students before we activate their membership. We can control this on the Member Level > New Applications tab with a checkbox under "Membership application review"

But once they are approved, a year later, they can renew at the same level even if they are no longer eligible for the discount.

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks/

17 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Prorating Membership Level Upgrades

Copied from another discussion -

Discount coupons discussed here are only for new member applications.

What you are talking about is prorating the membership payment when members change their level - applying unused membership fee and/or reducing the new fee if new membership level is not for a full period. We are working on this - it would be great if you could start a new thread on the wishlist forum to explain how you would like to see it work.

How our org would like it to work -

Ex - level a - $35 annual fee and level…

16 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Members to use marketing tools on their profile page - web stats, custom URL, etc.

Our premium level members are looking for a better set of tools, essentially to use their profile pages as a marketing tool, to make membership more value-added. For example, they are used to higher end features available from http://psychologytoday.com . Obviously, this is not as high end a system, but for a wish list, and to make paid membership a value, these desired features are very relevant.

Member requests:

--custom URL's allowing us to list the member name in the url--or some automated option to do so, without having to manually create a redirecting page for everyone.

--SEO

--web stats:…

16 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow Members to send email to more than one member at the same time in a directory

The ability to allow members to send emails to other members from within the directory in bulk and not one by one.

15 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Member renewal terms with arbitrary number of months - e.g. pay by term or sport season

It would be great if the membership levels included the ability to allow arbitrary membership periods such as 1 month, 2 months, 7 months, etc. Currently it's rather restricted. This capability would make it easier to manage temporary memberships open to the public I believe.

Furthermore, the ability to set renewals to any number of fixed times would be very flexible and once again make temporary memberships easier to manage. For example, 2 month memberships renewable 2 times.

15 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Print Envelopes

Desperately want to print paper envelopes for those that are not reachable by email.

15 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7