Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Email Account Statement

It would be great if we could email the Account Statement to the contact directly from WA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Financial reports in landscape format

You offer a very attractive format for your financial reports, i.e. income and aged receivable reports specifically. You currently offer to download these reports in either excel or pdf. format but only in a portrait view. To produce a report covering several months requires the download to be printed on several pages.

It would be very helpful as webmaster to download these pdf. reports in a landscape format so I could share with my board.

Downloading in excel provides the material in a landscape format but you lose all the attractive formatting that appears on the screen.

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Option to Remove "(USD)" Next to All Dollar Amounts, etc.

Greatly respecting our Canadian friends (and owners), nevertheless -

We are a local club in the U.S. It's unnecessary clutter for us to show (USD) next to every dollar amount.

Is the currency abbreviation shown for all other currencies? Surely it's unnecessary clutter to show (EUR) when € is displayed, or (GBP) in addition to £.

Could we please have a checkbox to remove the three letter designation?

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Providing financial reporting for "Extras"

Wild Apricot permits creating "extra" charges to be applied to invoices for either dues or events. However, this information then gets lost and all that appears in reports or invoice listings is the total amount of the invoice. Nevertheless, Wild Apricot stores this information somewhere because it is possible to reproduce a copy of the invoice showing the "extra."

We are a national organization that also has 6 local chapters. About a third of our members belong to one of the chapters. In addition to our national dues there are dues for chapter membership. When we send out dues invoices…

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Capability to transfer member credits to another

It would be nice if we could also "settle" a member credit to another member/contact account. We get requests sometimes from members to use their credit to pay another member's invoice (may be a spouse or friend). It would be great if we could do that with a "settle" to another account as an option, rather than just invoices.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• More Detail Level in Financial Reports

As of right now, when you run a Payments/Refunds report it only shows what invoice type, like Membership Renewal or Conference, was paid for. I would love for it to include the membership level, and for conference payments a list of the add-ons purchased. Or maybe we could integrate General Ledger account numbers into the system, and the reports could just do a breakdown, like $300 - 500 (Conference Registration)/ $50 - 525 (Conference Dinner).

It would also be awesome if I could get a Income Report based on the payments received instead of invoice date like it currently is…

7 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Differentiate sales taxes in each event

Our association will have meetings or seminars in various provinces where members can attend, whether local or from other provinces. In BC we'd charge 12% whether the attendee is from BC or Alberta, for example. (By the way, BC is reverting back to GST or 5% in April of next year.) In Alberta, it would be 5% regardless of the province the delegate is from.

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to Report Membership Income by Membership Year

Our finacial reports require disclosure of dues paid for future membership years based on membership expiration (e.g., renewal) date. Many of our members pay dues for several years into the future. It would be great if there were an option on the income report to show either the summary totals by membership year or optionally list the detail along with the total.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide more info as to source of Available Balance (credit) in profile

Overall the new capability for users to self-service their billing is great.

However I do think many users will be confused by the lack of information about credits they may have on their account. Right now the only thing is says is "Payment" with the amount/date.

We put internal notes when credits are generated so that we know the source (i.e. name of event if a cancelation credit, or raffle prize credit if it was a gift for example) and can be sure the credit is valid and not an Event Manager error.

I don't think our members intuitively think…

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Invoice improvements

I'd like to see two changes to the invoice form:

1. allow changes to the item. the best way to do this would be to allow a pull-down so that the membership level (or whatever) can be changed. People do make those changes and this allows the change to be made easily and to have it connected to the financial transactions. Without this option, my experience has been that it's a convoluted process to change their membership level.

2. insert a quantity. Sometimes people want to renew for more than one year, and the invoice does not allow this.

How…

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Numbers payments receipts

Good day,

Is there a way for manual payments (offline) to have the consecutive number added to the email receipts?

This is the only thing holding up our organization from using wild apricot 100% for all our billing.

Our finance people require this or they can't accept it.. Invoicing does it already, it should be too hard to make it happen with payments.

Thanks

Nick

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Income Forecast Report

I just started using Wild Apricot and was looking for an Income Forecast report that will look at upcoming renewals and will report on this.

This will allow for better budgeting.

Maybe even a yearly graph so we can see which months we will not see much income from renewals.
                          This would allow us to focus our efforts on this month to help smooth out cashflow over the entire year.

I hope this makes it into the next release as it seems like a simple report, all the information is already in the system.

Thanks

David

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatic invoices for admin-initiated membership level changes

When a member opts to change membership level the system automatically generates an invoice.

However if the member sends in a cheque so that one of our admin staff does the membership level change, no invoices are generated automatically.

We have a stripped down free member level that we hope encourages people to become paid members, however, the workflow as it stands now makes it very easy for our admin people to just miss the invoice step so that the member will never be charged the new rate.

I'd like to see invoices automatically generated for membership level changes (if…

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Payment due date for manual invoices

I would really like to be able to add a "payment due" date in a specific field when raising a manual invoice.

When creating an invoice, this would appear as a date field to complete. It could then be inserted into the invoice template using a macro. For convenience it could deafult to invoice date +30 days (for example). Although some companies might have standard payment terms (eg pay within 30 days of invoice date), we need to be able to give a specific due date for every invoice issued.

However, it would perhaps be most useful for reporting. When…

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that…

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Provide event name on Financial Reports of transactions

When using the Financial tab, it is difficult to tell the source of the transaction, other than the general "event registration". For events, it would be extremely helpful if the list displayed the name of the specific event. Now you have to open the transaction to see which event it is for.

This problem is even more apparent when viewing open balances from canceled registrations ---- WA does not record the source of the cancelation (except within the specific event). And since the invoice is deleted on cancels, there is no record in WA of the actual DATE of the…

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• When paying invoice in full, copy internal notes to payment record

Our membership coordinator enters many renewals manually. She selects the renew button enters an internal note on the invoice, selects the tender and clicks on "Payment Made In Full". When trying to reconcile the payments she wants to export the payments & refunds record and see those notes. We would like to see the invoice internal notes transferred to the payment internal notes if the "Payment Made in Full" button is activated for manual renewals, otherwise it takes extra steps to put the notes in the payment internal notes field.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Filter income report by member/contact record attributes

One of our clients has a setup where each member is coded with a branch (a custom field).

What they are looking to do is to report on the total of subscriptions (membership income) and donations that can be attributed to a particular branch. (Branches have their annual targets and this report would help tracking the progress toward target).

A possible solution to this is to add the ability to filter the transactions included into the income report by contact/member record attributes.

(See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Financial+reports#Financialreports-Incomereport )

I would appreciate comments and votes from other clients so we can evaluate and prioritize…

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Financial Report at Particular date instead of as of Today

Financial data (e.g. Receivables) need to be able to be backdated e.g. quarterly, half yearly etc. rather than perpertual updated at the date of producing Financial Reports.

This is useful for reporting purposes, especially if you are being audited.

Thanks

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiple Ledger Feature

Student Organizations would LOVE this program if only there was a way to keep track of the multiple accounts that we have to utilize. Most Schools issue at least two accounts to student organizations (one that is annual award account from Student Fees and the other from raised funds, such as membership dues, etc...).

If there was a way to track basic transactions on multiple ledgers this would be the PERFECT Software for my student organization!

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base