Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Financial Report at Particular date instead of as of Today

Financial data (e.g. Receivables) need to be able to be backdated e.g. quarterly, half yearly etc. rather than perpertual updated at the date of producing Financial Reports.

This is useful for reporting purposes, especially if you are being audited.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Invoices and payments improvements in member's profile

On the contact (not in admin mode) “invoices and payments” web page under the contact’s profile there are three column labels: “Date”, “Transaction”, and “Balance Due”.
      Below this is a list of the financial transactions for the contact. When the contact makes donations the donation appears in the Transaction column as expected. However in the “Balance Due” column the amount of the donation appears. This is very confusing, misleading and incorrect. The column title should read “Amount”, not “Balance Due” since sometimes the amount is due and other times it is a donation. It does not appear that I have…

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Bulk Creation of Manual Invoices

We need the ability to create manual invoices in bulk, based on search results for groups of members.

One example for this feature would be the ability to generate late fees, penalties, or surcharges. We can identify a group of members who owe a late fee at a certain time, so once they are identified with a search we would like to have the ability to generate a special invoice for them as an option, such as EXPORT or ARCHIVE.

With this option we would have the ability to react to numerous situations which arise that currently call for the…

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Member Finance Profiles

I am not thrilled with the way invoicing and financial transactions, including multiple payments and refunds, show under a member's record. It can be a little disjointed. It would be better if it was listed more like it would look in an accounting software as a full transaction list. For Example:

10/27/14 - Invoice - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $200
          10/28/14 - Payment - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $200
          10/28/14 - Invoice - Newsletter - Monthly Newsletter - $100
          10/29/14 - Refund - Membership Renewal - Silver Level - $50
          10/30/14 - Payment - Newsletter -…

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Show registrant name in the admin view of an invoice

At the moment (June 2013), in "Invoice" view, only the name of the person who did the registration is displayed. It would be hugely helpful if the person who was registered also displayed on the invoice. It is awkward having the flip back and forth between the registration record and the invoice to view full information on the transcation.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Block/make private financial details from some administrators

While we give some members administrative rights, it would be good to have the option of blocking financial data from administartors

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Income Forecast Report

I just started using Wild Apricot and was looking for an Income Forecast report that will look at upcoming renewals and will report on this.

This will allow for better budgeting.

Maybe even a yearly graph so we can see which months we will not see much income from renewals.
                This would allow us to focus our efforts on this month to help smooth out cashflow over the entire year.

I hope this makes it into the next release as it seems like a simple report, all the information is already in the system.

Thanks

David

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add purchase order numbers to invoices

Hello,
                  We are seeing more of our members introduce a procurement process which involves the use of purchase order numbers that need to be referenced on our invoices to facilitate payment. Is this something that Wild Apricot is aware of and do you have any plans to update the platform to enable purchase orders to be added to invoices once they have been received?
                  Within that many of these systems require invoices to be emailed to an "accountspayable" email address as an attachment. At the moment the only way we can send an invoice as an attachment is to copy…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Association Financial Statements

Please add the ability for a small association to track all finances and generate basic financial statements. Many small associations are supported by membership dues primarily and your system already allows memberships and payments. These payments could flow directly to the financial statements. Give an option for the accounting type - cash or accrual - which determines when and how the income transactions are recorded. This would provide an all in one suite for small associations - web design, membership/contact management and communications, events and finances.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Manual invoices with different product and services

would be useful to have different product or services to add to invoicing. Member may use other services (not necessary events) and Club should have the opportunity to invoice it with option for payment conditions. (transfer, direct debt, card or paypal, for example)

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Recording multiple payments

When recording multiple payments, have the ability to get back to the list with one key stroke. I go back to Dashboard, then back to finances to record the next payment. There has to be an easier way.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• quickbooks export - need to map membership items to different accounts

I have figured out the QB export. However, when I have a new member sign up (or a renewal), I have a basic membership fee, and the user can optionally check another box or two for additional things to pay for.

When I manually view the invoice, the items selected are individually broken out.

But the IIF file that is prepared to import into Quicken has the invoice item amounts broken out into the SPL records, but every item has the same QB "Account" tagged, i.e. Income:Membership. I need the base membership fee to have one Account (Income:Membership) and the…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• When paying invoice in full, copy internal notes to payment record

Our membership coordinator enters many renewals manually. She selects the renew button enters an internal note on the invoice, selects the tender and clicks on "Payment Made In Full". When trying to reconcile the payments she wants to export the payments & refunds record and see those notes. We would like to see the invoice internal notes transferred to the payment internal notes if the "Payment Made in Full" button is activated for manual renewals, otherwise it takes extra steps to put the notes in the payment internal notes field.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Filter income report by member/contact record attributes

One of our clients has a setup where each member is coded with a branch (a custom field).

What they are looking to do is to report on the total of subscriptions (membership income) and donations that can be attributed to a particular branch. (Branches have their annual targets and this report would help tracking the progress toward target).

A possible solution to this is to add the ability to filter the transactions included into the income report by contact/member record attributes.

(See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Financial+reports#Financialreports-Incomereport )

I would appreciate comments and votes from other clients so we can evaluate and prioritize…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Download only paid invoices into Quickbooks for Cash based accounting

I would like to download only those payments that I have received for invoices into quickbooks instead of all invoices which unpaid invoices are treated as A/R. I have some members who may decide not to renew so they don't pay the invoice, so I have to go back to my QB to void the invoice--extra work I don't always remember to do! Downloading only those paid invoices gives me only cash basis accounting instead of accrual.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• have some sort of flag that could be used for invoices, ie a check box or color

If we could have a color to show the difference between paid invoices, processed invoices ie invoices that we have actioned or transferred to our accounting package. At the moment we transfer Paid invoices from WA to the accounting package and have no idea when looking in WA which ones have been done and which haven't. Another package we used to use had color coding which was very helpful.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Numbers payments receipts

Good day,

Is there a way for manual payments (offline) to have the consecutive number added to the email receipts?

This is the only thing holding up our organization from using wild apricot 100% for all our billing.

Our finance people require this or they can't accept it.. Invoicing does it already, it should be too hard to make it happen with payments.

Thanks

Nick

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• improving the finances module

improve the finances module, e.g. consolidated reports, manage organization payment to outside vendors, make charts in reports optional.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiple Ledger Feature

Student Organizations would LOVE this program if only there was a way to keep track of the multiple accounts that we have to utilize. Most Schools issue at least two accounts to student organizations (one that is annual award account from Student Fees and the other from raised funds, such as membership dues, etc...).

If there was a way to track basic transactions on multiple ledgers this would be the PERFECT Software for my student organization!

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• settle all invoices when recording a single payments

Offer a "settle All" button.

When someone pays for multiple items with a check, I have to settle each invoice separately. If they are paying for all events with that check, it would be nice to have a "Settle All" option to settle all items in the pop up box.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7