Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Round up to nearest whole number for prorated fees

is there anything in the works for rounding up prorated membership fees? We would really appreciate it, as we have several members paying in cash, and our currence (Swiss Franc) doesn't use "cents" anymore.

thanks much.

Int'l Women's Club of Lucerne

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Option to Remove "(USD)" Next to All Dollar Amounts, etc.

Greatly respecting our Canadian friends (and owners), nevertheless -

We are a local club in the U.S. It's unnecessary clutter for us to show (USD) next to every dollar amount.

Is the currency abbreviation shown for all other currencies? Surely it's unnecessary clutter to show (EUR) when € is displayed, or (GBP) in addition to £.

Could we please have a checkbox to remove the three letter designation?

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Volunteer credits

I know that allowing redeemable discount coupons is on the wish list, but what about also acommodating volunteer credits (e.g. points or credits earned for volunteering) that could be used according to criteria established by the organization e.g. 20% off a membership renewal?

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Providing financial reporting for "Extras"

Wild Apricot permits creating "extra" charges to be applied to invoices for either dues or events. However, this information then gets lost and all that appears in reports or invoice listings is the total amount of the invoice. Nevertheless, Wild Apricot stores this information somewhere because it is possible to reproduce a copy of the invoice showing the "extra."

We are a national organization that also has 6 local chapters. About a third of our members belong to one of the chapters. In addition to our national dues there are dues for chapter membership. When we send out dues invoices…

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Easier customization of Invoices

Improved and simplified customization of invoicing for those who are not HTML proficient.

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Full refunds for fully settled transactions

Please improve the refund process.
                We take credit cards for attending our events. If a person later cancels and a refund is approved, it becomes quite confusing to record the transaction correctly. First, I find the item. Then I go to the 3rd party processor (not PayPal) and set up the refund to the credit card. Then I return to WA. I can locate the paid invoice, cancel settlement and refund the total amount. I do not see a button labeled Refund as described in the Help text, so I Save instead. Under Payments & Invoices, the original transaction shows…

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow for Including just Invoice Number in Receipt Customization

It would be great if when customizing the payment receipt template, I could use a macro such as {InvoiceNumber}, which is not available. Caused a real issue for a client who sends tax receipts in Canada, because this is a CRA requirement.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatic invoices for admin-initiated membership level changes

When a member opts to change membership level the system automatically generates an invoice.

However if the member sends in a cheque so that one of our admin staff does the membership level change, no invoices are generated automatically.

We have a stripped down free member level that we hope encourages people to become paid members, however, the workflow as it stands now makes it very easy for our admin people to just miss the invoice step so that the member will never be charged the new rate.

I'd like to see invoices automatically generated for membership level changes (if…

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Date range ability in the view in finances

The "Finances" section needs a date range ability in the view section, in the report section, and in the export option. There needs to be more information options in this section.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to Report Membership Income by Membership Year

Our finacial reports require disclosure of dues paid for future membership years based on membership expiration (e.g., renewal) date. Many of our members pay dues for several years into the future. It would be great if there were an option on the income report to show either the summary totals by membership year or optionally list the detail along with the total.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• cash vs accrual accounting

Please allow us to pull financial reports on a cash basis, instead of an accrual basis. Right now if we generate an invoice in May, but the member pays in June, I have a problem reconciling my bank statements to my Wild Apricot reports. My bank statements are cash basis (they only reflect cash payments), but Wild Apricot is an accrual basis (if the payment is ultimately paid in June, I can't go back and find out which invoices were unpaid at May 31). I need to be able to reconcile my cash reports, and can't do this right now.

4 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Automatically apply credits at payment screen

User account credits to be easily applied or automatically applied to any purchase they make including event registration. Currently there's no one click way for them to apply their credit to their registration. It should honestly automatically happen.

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Need more info on Wild Apricot (non-email) invoices

This is not #1, but it is important for my non-US members. They need invoices that have certain information including the association's name, address and (optional) bank info or tax ID. The WildApricot email invoice template can be edited to add this. But the online invoice does NOT have this. It should be possible for me to add this either by checkboxes (e.g. Wild Apricot adds it) or manually just like email templates. The important reason is that a member logging into their account cannot see the email invoice (which has the correct info for European accounting), they only see…

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Single Comprehensive Itemized Income Report

Would like to see a more robust and comprehensive reporting feature for monthly income—something that would be sufficient to deliver to the treasurer so they can post totals to QB. For example, would like to create excel report that displays all of the invoice options and payment status options for a specific period, but in one report (membership, donations, manual invoices, fully paid, partially paid, unpaid. These would need to be itemized. I don't need the graphs, just the subtotals.

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Shortcut to send payment receipts from invoice details screen

After an invoice is paid, if we click on 'E-mail' it still generates an invoice asking for payment. Can this be changed to send a receipt instead?

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Tax (HST) on Extra Charges as an Option

We have a situation where we need to charge HST on our club membership fee but not on a required pass through fee from an umbrella organization. It is a required fee for members. Currently it is implemented as an extra charge but there is no control over its tax status ie applying a tax. In this case there is no HST applied to the $35.00 fee but there is for our club membership fee.

Can you suggest a work around?

It would be great to have the extra charges fields have an option to apply taxes or not.

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Invoice improvements

I'd like to see two changes to the invoice form:

1. allow changes to the item. the best way to do this would be to allow a pull-down so that the membership level (or whatever) can be changed. People do make those changes and this allows the change to be made easily and to have it connected to the financial transactions. Without this option, my experience has been that it's a convoluted process to change their membership level.

2. insert a quantity. Sometimes people want to renew for more than one year, and the invoice does not allow this.

How…

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Provide event name on Financial Reports of transactions

When using the Financial tab, it is difficult to tell the source of the transaction, other than the general "event registration". For events, it would be extremely helpful if the list displayed the name of the specific event. Now you have to open the transaction to see which event it is for.

This problem is even more apparent when viewing open balances from canceled registrations ---- WA does not record the source of the cancelation (except within the specific event). And since the invoice is deleted on cancels, there is no record in WA of the actual DATE of the…

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Transfer GST

Have GST transfer to QuickBooks and more information transferred from the Online Payments to Monersis (POS) reports so we can cross reference transactions when doing the bank reconciliations.

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base