Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Email Account Statement

It would be great if we could email the Account Statement to the contact directly from WA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • need different receipt for membership/event

It appears that we have 2 customizable receipts:

Payment receipt

Donation receipt

However, we would like to give different wording on receipts for membership versus events. Our memberships are tax deductible, so we need to include our non-profit, tax deductible blurb on that receipt. But it could be confusing for someone who pays for a class, as those payments are not tax deductible. Any chance for help on this?

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Financial reports in landscape format

You offer a very attractive format for your financial reports, i.e. income and aged receivable reports specifically. You currently offer to download these reports in either excel or pdf. format but only in a portrait view. To produce a report covering several months requires the download to be printed on several pages.

It would be very helpful as webmaster to download these pdf. reports in a landscape format so I could share with my board.

Downloading in excel provides the material in a landscape format but you lose all the attractive formatting that appears on the screen.

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • quickbooks export - need to map membership items to different accounts

I have figured out the QB export. However, when I have a new member sign up (or a renewal), I have a basic membership fee, and the user can optionally check another box or two for additional things to pay for.

When I manually view the invoice, the items selected are individually broken out.

But the IIF file that is prepared to import into Quicken has the invoice item amounts broken out into the SPL records, but every item has the same QB "Account" tagged, i.e. Income:Membership. I need the base membership fee to have one Account (Income:Membership) and the…

7 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Importing payments from QuickBooks online

An extremely useful feature would be the ability to export payment data from QuickBooks (including the online version) into WA. Many of our corporate members pay by check, and currently we have to manually update WA to reflect those payments. That shouldn't be necessary.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Custom From/Reply-to address for invoice&payment emails

I am needing a different email address in the FROM field other than the default. Right now the default is the overall business email address established in the "Organizational Details."

Since invoices and other reciepts would not involve the entire organization, I would like for the emails of financial transactions to involve only the financial officer. Currently this field is not editable in this invoice or the receipt templates.

When someone replies to an email it should be from the responsible individual, not the entire organization (or the person who setup the WildApircot account). There is no way to add…

7 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• choose transactions (not dates) to be exported to QuickBooks.

I would like to see a button that says "export transactions since last time exported" instead of choosing a date(s) to transfer information to QuickBooks. If I transfer membership invoices and payments on a certain date and then someone comes along and renews a short time later I have to export that entire day again. So when I have to export that day again QuickBook assigns the invoice numbers twice and I have to go into QB and delete the 2nd invoice numbers.

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Full-stack finance management in Wild Apricot

Add a managing finances overall the organization...

I mean not only membership and event payments but overheads and all clerical /admin chores... because all of that still lives in Excel :(

Planned growth for coming years, etc...

6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make the Origin field in Invoices universally available to forms for Financial reports

I strongly recommend making the Origin field in Invoices universally available to all forms. Even if it isn't used in many of the forms it could be hidden so that it can be an option to select for reports.
                    This became important when we were trying to view Payments by Event income and membership income and wanted the Invoice Origin to be included. It would save us hours of work.
                    Thanks for considering!

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bulk invoice delete or update

I to have come across a bulk invoice suggestion, but in my case it is a need for a bulk delete. Although mine is a 1 off situation (we had not set up a "delete invoice if not paid by X amount of days", and we now have 562 outstanding, but now irrelevant invoices showing on people's accounts. This bulk delete, for me, would work by searching all, filtering by unpaid, and then by date range.

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • continue generating new invoices even if member has not paid previous invoice

Presently we have WA setup to generate invoices on a quarterly basis. However, if a member is overdue in paying their invoice then their status changes, they are no longer considered active, and they no longer get invoiced at the next due date. In our business model we choose to continue to offer them services as we know they eventually will pay. When they then eventually pay the overdue invoice we presently need to manually generate invoices for billing periods that the system did not create invoices for. This can be a big headache. The solution would be an option…

6 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add logo/company name to Account Statement

The current Account Statement does not include the company information. It only includes the members information. The statement can not be mailed to members because it does not show who it is from.

Thank you,

Tracy

5 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow admin to record membership recurring payment starting from next renewal period

This may be specific to auth.net which we use. If one wishes to start recurring payments the apricot/auth.net process requires the initial payment to be made at the time the recurring payments are launched. We have run across multiple instances where we wish to start recurring payments at some point in the future but not credit the member's cards now. For instance we just had a case where someone had recently paid to join via check but for future payments wished to pay by credit card; Our alternatives are for the member or ourselves to remember to set up recurring…

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Differentiate sales taxes in each event

Our association will have meetings or seminars in various provinces where members can attend, whether local or from other provinces. In BC we'd charge 12% whether the attendee is from BC or Alberta, for example. (By the way, BC is reverting back to GST or 5% in April of next year.) In Alberta, it would be 5% regardless of the province the delegate is from.

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• member profile financial document

Currently a person gets an invoice via email. That same invoice (visually) can not be recreated through their member profile or any other way. I'd like the ability for invoices to look the same regardless of how they were accessed (email, online, pdf bulk download - crossing my fingers this will be a thing soon). Make it possible for an invoice to also be downloaded through a members portal in the same format/template as the original email template. The online "financial document" system page provides inadequate information for the payee. Alternately, if the financial document system page script could be…

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Accounting System

Financial Management similar to an online Accounting System - We use Freshbooks in addition to Wild Apricot - would be nice to have a single platform.

5 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add more financial reports: balance sheet, income statement

It is time to expand the Finance module to produce a basic balance sheet and income statement. Not looking for anything elaborate like Quickbooks, just something simple that gives the bank and PayPal balances. Suggesting cash accounting, not accrual accounting.

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Round up to nearest whole number for prorated fees

is there anything in the works for rounding up prorated membership fees? We would really appreciate it, as we have several members paying in cash, and our currence (Swiss Franc) doesn't use "cents" anymore.

thanks much.

Int'l Women's Club of Lucerne

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Option to Remove "(USD)" Next to All Dollar Amounts, etc.

Greatly respecting our Canadian friends (and owners), nevertheless -

We are a local club in the U.S. It's unnecessary clutter for us to show (USD) next to every dollar amount.

Is the currency abbreviation shown for all other currencies? Surely it's unnecessary clutter to show (EUR) when € is displayed, or (GBP) in addition to £.

Could we please have a checkbox to remove the three letter designation?

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Volunteer credits

I know that allowing redeemable discount coupons is on the wish list, but what about also acommodating volunteer credits (e.g. points or credits earned for volunteering) that could be used according to criteria established by the organization e.g. 20% off a membership renewal?

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base