Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

749 results found

1. Copying events: changing event dates relative to new start date

When copying an existing event to create a new one, it would be even better if the process would be able to change all the dates related to the event relative to the new event date.

Currently, you have to go in and change all the Registration type open or closing dates which can easily be overlooked when copying an event. It would be great if the system could maintain the same dates relative to the new date of the event being created.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hide non-member registration types for members

We set up a yearly event in which members and non members are invited to attend at different prices. I create different registration types and that all works fine. When a non member registers they only get the non-member registration types, that is good. But when an active member starts to register for the event they get both the member and non-member price options.

Does anyone know a way to hide the non-member pricing from the logged-in members so they only get offered the member pricing? Am I missing a checkbox combination in setting up the Reg types?

Elliott

http://nahac.memberlodge.com/

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Drop Down Menu for Extra Cost

I have spent about 15 days developing a site for my clients that provide a mountain bike demo event in Moab utah. Our participants can select from approximately 40 different bikes to demo in three separate events. Each bike carries separate demo charges.

We desperately need a drop down menu that will designate separate costs when selected. I am frantically attempting to create workarounds to get over this problem. But it is proving to be difficult.

My clients are very upset with this setback. Is there any way this can be custom built into my cart? Or any great ideas…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort admin event list

Would be helpful when looking at the Event List to have the most current event at the top rather than having to scroll down through several events to look for it. At any given time we have up to 50 events listed. Might this be possible?

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom URLs for events

Would be great to have a way to make our own Custom URL for Blog posts, Events.

Right now i use bit.ly to make:
    http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/allevents?eventId=159084&EventViewMode=EventDetails
    into
    http://bit.ly/may29-trail-clearing

Be nice if we could have a box that says Short URL

http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/events/may29-trail-clearing

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Limit guest registration to members only

Our members love the ability to register guests for events. However when an event is members only, when members register guests, there is no member look-up or verification that the guest being registered is also a member.

I know I can restrict the event so guests cannot be registered, but this feature is really helpful for our couples that share an email --- one can register both of them under the same email when using the guest registration option. And when a member wants to pay for multiple attendees on line in one transaction, they can do that this way.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customize event registration form for each reg. type

In Events, I'd like to have custom registration forms associated with each registration type instead of one single registration form for the whole event (all types). This would allow me to create more complex event registrations. Example: A three-day conference has two types of registrants (Individual and Professional) at different prices. Each one has an early-bird price as well. In addition, each one can choose to register for one day, two days, or all three days -- all at prorated prices.

To do this today, I have to create separate events for Individuals and Professionals, then customize those event reg.…

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Page access restricted to event attendees

Currently
    You can control page access so that web pages you create are visible to Anybody, Selected Membership Levels, Groups, or just Admins.

Desired
    Sometimes people want to create a web page that has materials or information that only pertains to be people who have attended an event (handouts, itineraries, promo codes, pictures). In these cases you would want to have the ability to say Choose "Event registrants" and then select the event(s) from a list.

At present this would only work for member who attended an event, but it might be possible to make it so that when a…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy Wild Apricot events into google calendar. So you can share this google calendar and you members can subscribe to it.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2276-copy-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calendar

Help page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1653

Blog post with video tutorial: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/02/14/create-integromat-scenario

10. Event Calendar Filter / Search on public side

I was hoping to see if there is a way to publicly search event calendars on wild apricot through basic or advance search criteria filters. Eventually I would want the public to be able to find an event by city/location or member profile association.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Event templates

I would save me a ton of work and grief if there were event templates for the details section. Copying previous event is ok, but because of the formatting and table issues in WA they never quite look the same. The details section could be broken out into, well, other sections. For example, in this order, have a template with sections for:

* Header/Title
    * General Location (i.e. New York, Bay Area, Boston) with picture space (we have logos for each chapter location)
    * Register Button
    * Description/writeup of event/meeting
    * Speaker info and bio links (if applicable)
    * Deadline…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One Member Registers Multiple Members for an Event

Hello,

I mentioned this in the last survey I took and Dmitry suggested I post this here.

We have encountered several instances where allowing a member to sign up other members for an event would be a big advantage.

For example:

Member Frank would like to make a reservation for dinner with member Mike. It would be faster and tidier if Frank can do this in one registration. This way, Mike and Frank both appear on the list of registrants and both will receive updates about the dinner event. At present both would have to register separately (this would cause…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customizing event registration emails by tags

We have several event categories as well as several event managers. They all receive event registrations for all events. In a future update can you set a customizable event registration that can be filtered by event tags instead of a broad based all event email registration receipt. For example, we have social events, race events, junior events and a crane pad reservation calendar. There is an event manager for each of these categories. If there is a registration for a dinner (social event)… the race, junior and crane event managers all get the social event notification and vice versa. My…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add limitation by Groups to Registration Types for Events

Current behavior:
    When creating a registration type it can be set to everyone, members, or members of a selected membership level

Desired Behavior:
    Create the ability to limit registrations to members of a group. This way admins can create a group, for example board members and make sure that only they can sign up for board meetings or executive events.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Event Registration Report - options Mark All / Clear All

I am using the Event Registration Report frequently. I have events with over 30 field choices. It is very tedious to have to click or unclick each field box.

Would it be possible to make two Report Options?

Mark All - will select every field to report on.

Clear All - will unselect every field

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Members to be able to manage an event

NOTE: There is already a thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825554-members-to-be-able-to-submit-events-3764 about allowing members to submit their own events. This thread is expands upon that by requesting to also give members the ability to manage those event.

My organization is focused on triathlons and members are the main driver of training events. One of the primary functions of the organization's website is to allow members to post and manage their own events. They don't need approval though we do keep an eye out for abuse.

The type of functionality a member would need to manage an event would be basic CRUD of the event…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate macro for day of week, month or year from the Event_Date macro

We would like a date macro that just contains the date, i.e. 5th February 2010 and does not have ", Friday" added at the end as Event_Date does at present.

We use this in our event announcements emails like this:

You are invited to {EventTitle} to be held at {Location} on {EventDate} starting at {Event_Time}

and having "Friday" inserted in that sentence makes little sense.

Best regards

Ian Tilley

worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Importing events

We have a fair number of events that are already in another database (for reasons I cannot avoid). It would be nice if these could be uploaded from a spreadsheet.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Logo field for Events

Include a field for event logos in the Event form that can be displayed in the listing and other communications regarding the event

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base