Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom metadata for events pages

I run 3-4 events a week and autopost these to FaceBook using the events page RSS and Twitterfeed. It works a treat except that the posts contain the same blurb and a title which I'm not too happy about (you can see what I mean here: https://www.facebook.com/MySocialCircle )

Is it possible, to customise the title for the event details pages? It seems to read as "organisation name - event title" as the page title, and the blurb appears to come from the events calendar page description meta tag.

Is it possible to change the description metadata dynamically (to take details…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide membership or event discount by matching email domain

Greetings,

I would like to know if you could create a way to link only the email's domain to a membership.

I am the Director of Education for the World Trade Center in Denver, CO, a 501(c)6. Companies become members of the WTC Denver to help them import, export and to attend our specialized classes on conducting international trade. When a company becomes a member of the WTC Denver all of their employees receive the membership benefits.

Example: One of our members is MillerCoors. MillerCoors has several thousand employees within their company making it unrealistic for me to enter each…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event Attendees Should Have Ability to Send Emails to Other Attendees

We would like all event attendees to have the ability to send an email to other attendees and event leaders. Right now only the event admin can send an email to all of the attendees. We have events where the attendees would like to set up carpools with each other. It would be really helpful if they had the ability to do this.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Programs (same as events, but no dates) [11793]

We'd like to create "programs"--like events but no dates. Examples are a year-long class, or a team in a youth soccer club. Registration process could be identical to events, with fee levels, add-on costs, discount codes, etc. Why don't we just call these programs "events" and give them a 12-month duration? Because the "Programs" offerings should be displayed and promoted in a separate page or section and organized by category instead of by date. Registration process is the same but the user-concept is different: for ex., a member should be able to join a soccer team in mid-season, but displaying…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export entire calendar

There should be a way to export the entire calendar, not just specific events, to an Excel file. We need to see the entire year on one page and by using the event feature it forces us to create a second document to edit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Widgets to Events

Hello,

Is it possible to be able to add the new Version 5 widgets to events.

This would greatly help with:

1. Being able to display a picture gallery or slideshow

2. Showing the location of the event using the google map widget

3. Adding social media like buttons so others can share the event with friends and family helping to gain more participants.

Thank You,

David

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Member registering on behalf of another contact but not being an attendee themselves

We use Wild Apricot for the registration of training sessions, seminars and the like. There are many occasions that we have a person's assistant or secretary that will register their manager / team leader for a event on their behalf. The issue is that then the assistant/secretary is also registered for the event and this is not accurate and throws out our attendee numbers (for registration limits and catering, etc).

We are open to alternatives in achieving this - ie if a member could remove themselves from an event or (preferred) to be able to register a guest/contact/member without registering…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include event tags in export of invoices for events

We're loving WA, and we think it's really going to work!

The one thing we're finding a bit strange is that Event Category tags work fantastic, but they don't show up anywhere in reporting.

Furthermore, it's impossible to export a list of events and see any sort of financial data.

It would be fantastic to have event included in the list of invoices and export of invoices

Then if we could export this with financial data that would be top!

Cheers

Adrian

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Discount for Attending Multiple Events

Hello!

We have departments that would like to offer attendees discounts for registering for multiple events. Can you group the events so that when more than one is chosen, a discount is given? We think this would increase interest and attendance at our sessions.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Designate an attendee as a non-member if they are registered under a member attending

To have a field that designates an attendee as a non-member if they are registered under a member attending. The way it is now, non-members who sign up for an event under a member are listed as "members" and this is not correct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. registration confirmation e-mail template

In the email template that automatically confirms a registration, it would be hugely helpful if the invoice number generated by the registration was included as macro field. We often have registrants sending us their confirmation email, but it doesn't refer to the registration number/invoice.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update Event fields via file Import

Hi

It would be great to store user feedback linked to the user and event.

I've created a custom event field called Feedback. Now it would be great if I could import the feedback collected via Wufoo via file import.

This would mean I could export the data from Wufoo, and import here, instead of having to enter each entry manually.

Many thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding "Read more" link to event details

Hello there,

We sometimes have events that have many speakers for which we give bios of each. This can make the event description quite lengthy. In order to shorten the event description so that it's not so overwhelming for the potential attendee, it would be great to have the ability for a "Read more" link within the event description. That way, if someone wants to read more about Jane Doe's life, then he/she can just click the "Read more" link and be taken to a separate page just for that person. Right now, I could create a content page underneath…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to exclude guests in limit count

We want to create a events where we limit the number of teams, but not the number of total people.

We have a regular ticket price and a discounted ticket price, so we set a limit on the total number of registrations, but currently this includes guests - we don't want to include guests in the limit count.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Format Payment instructions for this event

Is there a way to format the Payment Instructions for an event? Wouldn't that be a valuable thing to do? I can make my event all fancy-like, but when it comes to the payment page I don't get control over how it looks. I'd really like to be able to bold some things or make some fine print.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default registration form for events

In the same way that there are default announcement and reminder emails for events, it would be great to have the same for registration form. We have 12 to 14 very similar events during the summer and currently I am having to add additional fields to each event. In Version 5 with the ability to select contact fields, which is a great move, I will have to select the contact fields as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow event payments to be independent of the actual event [12984]

Man...that is going to take forever! Can this be addressed in future so
    we dont have to keep an bunch of past events?

Sent: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:11:01 -0500
    To: hamnerja@sjhlex.org
    Subject: [3A6-1697705F-9526] Overpayments
    I see. Deleting an event deletes all its event registrations AND invoices linked to those registrations - they are interdependent. So now you have payments without corresponding invoices. Unfortunately the only way to handle this now is manually delete all these payments one by one.

Cheers,

Dmitry Buterin, Chief Apricot
    Wild Apricot: Member Management Magic http://WildApricot.com
    Web software for small associations and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Private Calendar that Members can link with their icalendars

Currently this is not possible for a private calendar due to password protection. However I know other software gets around this so only members can subscribe to a calendar. Is it possible this could come to Wild Apricot?

Thanks!

Pat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display tags in event listing

It would be great to display the tags (labels/categories) assigned to each event in the published event listing and or calendar. I would like to make these tags visible to the public when registering, as they contain information that is potentially useful to the registrant.

I looked the online guide and forums, but could not find an answer to this question. A simple check box when setting up the event (Display tags for this listing? Check here) would suffice.

Steve

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Event receipts invoice - event registrations without the address fields.

Event receipts

Receipts can only be set up to include members addresses. Most of our paid registrations are non-members so when they receive a receipt it doesn’t have their address on it.

I know I can get around this by adding address fields to the common fields in settings but for most of our unpaid events the address is not necessary and only makes the registration process unnecessarily longer. Also when we get our VIPs to register for free at our events it is sometimes inappropriate and certainly unnecessary to ask for an address.

Is there any way around this?…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base