How do I ...

Custom domain name setup - spf records - incomplete

Our domain name and website is www.corbamtb.com (hosted by ixwebhosting.com). All email addresses are @corbamtb.com. Ie: membership@corbamtb.com. We have no plans to incorporate this domain/website into WA. Instead we created sub-domain membership.corbamtb.com.Everything seem to be working but the domain setup in WA still shows "Incomplete". IXhost host tech people swear that they updated cname and spf records. Today corbamtb.com appeared in our custom domain list and of course was invalid. There is another issue. "From" email shows: membership@membership.corbamtb.com which is of course invalid address. It should be membership@corbamtb.com (we have this setup as reply). So my question is, will this type of setup work? Can we use sub-domain (membership.corbamtb.com) as our WA custom address while keeping corbamtb.com hosted by ixwebhosting.com???

Thanks - Danusia

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DanusiaDanusia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MatthieuMatthieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Danusia,

Firstly, I apologize for the late reply. You can use Wild Apricot using a subdomain, however your emails will be membership@membership.corbamtb.com - you would need to ask your domain provider to set up an email for this subdomain and then forward it to your main email address.

If your SPF is showing as invalid, you;ll need to ensure it is set up on your subdomain and not on your main domain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Membership Software - Wild Apricot Contact us:

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7