Skip to content

Designers

This forum is for any designer (new and old) who is involved in the design of a Wild Apricot based websites.

370 results found

1. Adding Second PayPal Account?

We have an event coming up where the payments go into a separate PayPal account from our organization's main PayPal because it has an entirely separate budget.
    Membership, Workshop fees go to the main CMAG account, which is already set up on the site. Registration fees for our Spring Show go into an account specifically set up for the Spring Show's separate budget.

Is there some way to add this second account to our financial settings? I've looked & I can't find any way to do it. The payments really do need to be kept separate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How can I remove certain tabs in the "My Profile" page?

Our company wants to use the WA website as little as possible so as to funnel most people through our main website. We want to strip down as much as can lead to confusion as possible in the WA website.

We wish to remove three tabs in the "My Profile" page which we have no use for and will just confuse our members. We only want to keep "My Profile" and "Invoices and Payments"

I have a good understanding of CSS but since I cannot see the code in front of me, I do not want to risk executing the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Login Button Link Color

Hi All,

I don't know CSS and there's one thing I want to change on my site: the font color in the login button gadget. I feel like I should be able to do this with the advanced settings in the gadget but I don't know how! I've read all the KB articles on customizing with CSS, customizing gadgets, etc and understanding CSS is a prerequisite.

Many thanks.

https://tscc.wildapricot.org/

(the login button link colors are dark blue and disappear into the background image, I want them to be white)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Horizontal Menu - Change Font Size

Currently building our new site. We picked a theme that we like, however, we want the main horizontal menu bar to have a smaller font so that it fits more of our pages on the menu (and not hidden in the additional drop-down). Is a theme override really the only way to adjust the font smaller? We are using the Bookshelf Textbook theme, but would prefer to have the menu bar that's more similar to the Granite theme.

Is there a straightforward way to make this change? Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HTML eMail without META tags makes RESPONSIVE design useless...

Since the Wild Apricot HTML Editor removes META tags, the @media queries for mobile device responsive designs are useless, since the "<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">" is lost and therefore on the mobile device the eMail app ignores them...

Since Wild Apricot is "going Responsive" now, I strongly recommend that this is a part of the future too, there has to be responsiveness in eMail design to be complete.

I spent couple of hours and trial and error until I noticed that the viewport meta tag is just removed and not my @media queries were wrong.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Wild Apricot Theme by Nicasio Design

Checkout our recent launch of a brand spanking new Wild Apricot custom theme:

http://shongumlake.org

Client come over to Wild Apricot from a WordPress theme that was not meeting their needs for required membership communications, event registrations, and overall member experience.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Responsive slideshow with automatic width/height

I'm experimenting with the WA slideshow gadget, but the problem I'm having seems to be with the choices for the sizing. It seems I can only choose from fixed layouts (16:9, 3:4, 1:1, or a fixed height). This works ok for camera photos that actually are in those aspect ratios but not so good for custom images like banners and header images which may have different aspect ratios such as being very long and rectangular (e.g., a 10:1 aspect ratio). Choosing the "Landscape 16:9" option displays the entire banner image, but it also puts a lot of whitespace above and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gadget within HTML gadget

Is it possibly embed a Wild Apricot gadget inside the custom HTML gadget. I have a header coded with custom html, but I would like to put a login link there, a search box etc. Is there a list of functions to call specific gadgets within html?

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RSS Feed Widget

I've tried some of the proposed rss feed widgets offered in other posts, but none of them seem to work very well in WA.

Has anyone successfully got a free rss widget working inside WA?

Thanks, Scott

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize membership application

I would like to customize the membership application so that it will seamlessly integrate into my client's site. Questions:

1) Is the membership application contained in the downloadable theme files, or is it not available to edited because it's functional? Is there a way to edit it's appearance?

2) Can I make the "cancel" button return to the application rather than to the Wild Apricot homepage (which I don't intend anyone to ever see)?

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove Date/Time & Author in Blog Post

I would like to remove the date/time and author name information from my blogs. I just want to post content. I've tried adding the code recommend in WA in CSS and it did not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Menu Height

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to change menu height. I tried changing the placeholder height but that did not work.

White Space Clear Light theme.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hiding "Access" menu

I am using the restricted access page users get with they log in, but i would like to hide the Access menu. Is this possible? Thanks.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a Parent Menu That Has Children Non-Clickable

I found this Help page that outlines exactly what I need to do:

http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Making+menu+items+not+clickable

But I cannot get the execution to yield the correct results. The link says to copy and paste the CSS script into the 'Global javascript' section. Easy enough. Then I am supposed to add the PageID into the second to last line of code where the copied script currently has ("12345"). So, let's say the PageID that I want to hide is 1689200. So does my code look like this:

disableLink("#PAGEID_1689188");

or without quotes:

disableLink(#PAGEID_1689188);

or without the PAGEID prefix:

disableLink("1689188"); OR disableLink(1689188);

I am using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Responsive alternative to iframe embedding

Hello All,

My group has decided to setup a new website for our organization. The decision has been made to use Wordpress for the website and embed the necessary forms from Wild Apricot. At the moment, the only way I know how to embed external urls (like those for my Wild Apricot forms) is to use iframes. Unfortunately, the Wild Apricot forms change size and the iframes do not. This leaves users with having to deal with scroll bars in the iframe. This is difficult for users to navigate and greatly detracts from the look of the site. I am…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Image count in Photo Album title

Is there a way to remove, or move, the image count display in the PHoto Album title?

I would like to see it formatted differently and placed in the upper right of the page.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. linking to file in menu and having it open in new tab

Hi folks,

I've been playing with the page redirect script in the meta-tags of a menu item and it works great, but it performs the redirect within the same window. this is wonderful behavior sometimes, but other times, for instance when a menu item is a pdf file to be downloaded, it would be nice for that redirect to happen in a new tab. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make that happen?

thanks,

Matt

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Overall File Storage Limit

I would love for the Storage Limit to be much larger. I would pay more $ for more space. I'm talking 10 to 25 GB. 1000 MB is not enough for business like mine to share larger documents, presentations, PDF's. Right now I am paying Dropbox.com for space for me and my colleagues to share information. That is $ you guys could be making. Maybe you guys can team up with Dropbox and profit off each other. Just a thought.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is it possible to adjust height of each blog snippet preview in the blog list view?

The first thing you see when you click the blog menu is the blog snippet preview that displays the first few lines of each blog in a list.

Is it possible to adjust the height of each blog snippet? My organization uses a blog to post its recent activities, and each blog article features a short intro, photos then a full-length write-up. Under the current setting, the blog preview snippet displays the intro and the top 10-30% of the ensuing photos. The top 10-30% usually means the ceilings or various venues where our events took place. If we could increase…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. WordPress Married To Wild Apricot

So, often our clients want to remain on WordPress and at the same time take advantage of the Wild Apricot membership management backbone. The answer? Custom Nicasio Design Magic.

We migrate the WordPress site's design, layout and nav items to the client's Wild Apricot site. The result? Look for yourself...

Seamless, kick butt, custom integration of the two most powerful platforms available today.

Let us know if we can do the same for you or your friends ;0)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Designers

Categories